Another Waterline Quest......sorry!

I just replaced all my waterlines on the tripple pipes and engine. I replaced them with Clear blue 3/8 in riva waterline on the pipes and clear 3/8 in nylon braided hose from Lowes that is rated at 220psi. I even replaced the bilge strainer hose too with the same material. Just a note i have dual cooling and replaced that line too along with all the water lines that exit the craft. The previous lines that exit the water from the pipes to the back of the craft and the bilge strainer line were not tough or rigid line. It was more like coolant line on a car, flexible and by the looks of it looked a little bigger. Now my buddy said that i should have left the more flexible lines (bilge strainer and the line that exits the water from the pipes, from the 3 to 1 chamber out of the ski) alone and never replaced those. he said i am going to have flow problems. He also said these lines are meant to flex, expand, and carry more water out. I think this is BS. PLEASE HELP!

well lines may be meant to flex around for engine movment but to calculate expansion for flow is a joke! I replaced all my fuel lines at one time with the blue see thru stuff and that product became hard and was showing signs a leaking at fittings due to it's hardness so that would be my only concern but I'm not familiar with the products you choose? Z

Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    well lines may be meant to flex around for engine movment but to calculate expansion for flow is a joke! I replaced all my fuel lines at one time with the blue see thru stuff and that product became hard and was showing signs a leaking at fittings due to it's hardness so that would be my only concern but I'm not familiar with the products you choose? Z

The hose that I used is the same style as pistonwash's shown below. I wanted to know if i can change ALL my waterline to this or no? I used the riva clear blue waterline for the pipes with Riva Stinger Water Filters. Please read the previous post i left.
    Last edited by krispaintballz; 09-15-2008 at 10:38 PM.

Thats good stuff and burst pressure isn't even a concern with our applications I wouldn't have a problem using it personally!

Thread Information