Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Turbo RXP or GPRXP! What should I DO?

Guys I love to have fast ski's and really always road a seadoo. Never been on a yamaha. I am tossed ! Should I do a GPRXP or just a turbo RXP? Never been a guy to sit on the sideline and watch everything go by. Since I sold my 04RXP to ron I have not had the fill of adrenaline like I used to. I miss it. So I am gonna build Something insane. I have always been a Seadoo nut and to me building a GPRXP is building a Yamaha.

What do ya'll think?
    Please keep in mind I don't put my kids in day care and I watch them on
    my days off from the firehouse, so time is somewhat limited.

Last edited by Water4fire; 11-17-2007 at 06:29 PM.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Guys I love to have fast ski's and really always road a seadoo. Never been on a yamaha. I am tossed ! Should I do a GPRXP or just a turbo RXP? Never been a guy to sit on the sideline and watch everything go by. Since I sold my 04RXP to ron I have not had the fill of adrinaline like I used to. I miss it. So I am gonna build Something insane. I have always been a Seadoo nut and to me building a GPRXP is building a Yamaha.

What do ya'll think?
    Please keep in mind I don't put my kids in day care and I watch them on
    my days off from the firehouse, so time is somewhat limited.

well, you have many hours on a RXP...so you could be bias...

I suggest putting out a feeler and try to get on a GPR, just for a quick ride...Nothing Stock, something thats got a little punch...That way you can feel the difference in ride handling compared to the RXP...

Then make your decision from there...

+1
    If time is limited just throw a turbo on the RXP and be done with it. Ultimate acceleration/adrenaline rush

turbo GPRXP

+1
    -I think the GPRXP are easy, but take time to do...something you don't have. But the bang for the buck for a SD guy is unmatched.

-The turbo setup is new, and will evolve. I'd wait to see what this winter develops before jumping back in.

-You already said you don't want to build up a Yamaha, and the GPRXP is a Yamaha with a Rotax engine in it. I don't see how you would ever be happy, even if it went 200mph. Chevy/Ford type bias is pretty tough for some folks to get over. No slam, just the facts.

+1
    if its on the DIRT well......... follow the LEADER cause hes on a HONDA!

if its on the water.......... faster or not SEA DOO ROCKS SOCKS in MOST ALL CASTEGORIES in MY PESONAL BOOK!

so yes i am biased about both dirt and water myself! PERIOD!

you couldnt GIVE me a YAMAHA for FREE to build those GPRXP deals but to some people the are the SHIT just NOT ME & GOOD LUCK in your decision process i think i would ponder it a bit as suggested by others!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    If time is limited just throw a turbo on the RXP and be done with it. Ultimate acceleration/adrenaline rush
    Jerry I like the way you think. I am also in the mood for something different and with short time it makes the choice even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    turbo GPRXP
    Not an option for me, as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    -I think the GPRXP are easy, but take time to do...something you don't have. But the bang for the buck for a SD guy is unmatched.

-The turbo setup is new, and will evolve. I'd wait to see what this winter develops before jumping back in.

-You already said you don't want to build up a Yamaha, and the GPRXP is a Yamaha with a Rotax engine in it. I don't see how you would ever be happy, even if it went 200mph. Chevy/Ford type bias is pretty tough for some folks to get over. No slam, just the facts.
    Mark I am kinda of bias, but I also like to do the out of the norm things.
    If it is easy then time shouldn't be that big of a deal and you already know the gp1200 r I am looking at doing. But I like to win on a Seadoo, I always have. BUT???? Is it time for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    if its on the DIRT well......... follow the LEADER cause hes on a HONDA!

if its on the water.......... faster or not SEA DOO ROCKS SOCKS in MOST ALL CASTEGORIES in MY PESONAL BOOK!

so yes i am biased about both dirt and water myself! PERIOD!

you couldnt GIVE me a YAMAHA for FREE to build those GPRXP deals but to some people the are the SHIT just NOT ME & GOOD LUCK in your decision process i think i would ponder it a bit as suggested by others!
    This is why it makes it so hard for me, as I am a Seadoo nut. I always have been! But I love the speeds the GPRXPS are posting and with little to no $$$$$. IMO.

Keep it comming guys..

gprxp

+1
    sounds like your not fully open to a yamaha yet. Add a turbo on your RXP

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    sounds like your not fully open to a yamaha yet. Add a turbo on your RXP
    Billy I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I have never road a GPR. PWC friends come to me on any make or model. I believe if I had the chance to ride one I would be able to tell in the first 10mins.

I am thinking a Red ski and some good air brushing. A firefighter ripping out of the nose of the ski and just under him it reads. "This could be the day!" Flames comming from around him!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information