Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Speedometer where to hook up

hi i'm new to the forum, i have a 1993 polaris sl 650 that currently does not have a speedo or fuel guage, i have the guages, but i need to know what all i need to do to make them functional, the fuel guage is pretty easy but the speedo looks like it runs off air pressure as it has a piece of tubing hooked onto the back of it any help would be great. thx in advance

Here is a link for the factory Polaris instructions, look at post #4.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15441

It worked so well on the General (a Polaris project), I installed one on my Doo. It dose a really great job, and is a peice of cake to install.

R

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacroller2 View Post
    hi i'm new to the forum, i have a 1993 polaris sl 650 that currently does not have a speedo or fuel guage, i have the guages, but i need to know what all i need to do to make them functional, the fuel guage is pretty easy but the speedo looks like it runs off air pressure as it has a piece of tubing hooked onto the back of it any help would be great. thx in advance

And welcome to the HULK!!!!!!!!!!!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk. Did you get the small plastic piece that looks like a shark fin? It will need to be drilled for as it didn't come stock on your boat.

yep i have the one that came pre drilled for the guages off another polaris sl. i'm currently in the middle of putting mine together i just picked it up for $250 body is mint and i got a brand new block and good used crank with it, now i just need one cylinder and one piston, as a connecting rod snapped in the old block and destroyed the old cylinder. I want to do some mods to it, just not sure what would the best mod on a tight budget. of course i just want to get her runnin first. thx for the help guys, great forum. btw big fan of the general project, great job on that ski.

I'll check my 650 cylinders and pistons! I had 5 sets at one time

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    ...Did you get the small plastic piece that looks like a shark fin? It will need to be drilled for as it didn't come stock on your boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillacroller2 View Post
    yep i have the one that came pre drilled for the guages off another polaris sl. ...
    The 'shark fin' is maybe an inch tall, and it attaches to the bottom of the hull, just forward of the jet pump intake grate.

The nipple on the back of the fin fits into a hole you must drill through the hull, and on the inside a small tube connects from the nipple on the fin up to the back of the speedometer.

hey zmann let me know how much you want for the cylinder mine are stock 65mm bore, i also need just one piston if anyone has one available. i don't have the shark fin for the bottom that is one piece i'm missing, sorry i didn't understand at first.

The best bang for the buck would be to put on a newer style Jet pump. Easy to do and not a whole lot of money. Also make sure you upgrade you fuel pump and change out the fuel hoses and slector switch.

+1
    Welcome to the hulk....

I have some 650 pistons and some jet pump stuff. Let me know what you need after you find a cylinder. I also have a set of 750 cylinders and pistons that will fit the 650 case. It a depends on how much you want to spend.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information