Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Premix could be BAd !!!!

I know a lot of you guys have changed to premix and is something i considered time and time again,however the threads i read here on the forum never seem to mention that if you are fuel injected and one of the injectors fail,rest assure that cylinder will be toast.. If you retain the oil injection and the fuel injector go's out at least you will still have the lubrication for that cylinder....just a tip !!!!!!!!!

And thats just another reason why I am keeping my oil injection system on my efi

Another is because I can have more gas in the ski.

+1
    will the oil atomize if the fuel stops, or just blob and drip with only air passing it..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    will the oil atomize if the fuel stops, or just blob and drip with only air passing it..
    Hydro,with the injectors many things can happen,clog a little or a lot,lose pulse,or as simple as just going out completely... Now,chances are slim for an injector just to go out but being that oil is mixed with the fuel passing through an injector for which it was not intended,it could cause clogging issues..I myself after running it for 10hrs or so on premix would pull the injectors and flow test to see how they are performing(my opinion)..If you remain (oil injected ) and the fuel injector fails you will still have all of the lubrication on that cylinder from the oil line....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by james k View Post
    Hydro,with the injectors many things can happen,clog a little or a lot,lose pulse,or as simple as just going out completely... Now,chances are slim for an injector just to go out but being that oil is mixed with the fuel passing through an injector for which it was not intended,it could cause clogging issues..I myself after running it for 10hrs or so on premix would pull the injectors and flow test to see how they are performing(my opinion)..If you remain (oil injected ) and the fuel injector fails you will still have all of the lubrication on that cylinder from the oil line....
    hi James i thought it was the atomized petrol passing the oil at speed which mixed the two together,
    i just cant see the air alone atomizing semi heavy oil to the point of atomization enough to lube the cylinder and bottom end rather i see it clumping and being sent into the cylinder blobbed,
    we will have to see what some of the GPR gurus have to say..
    i am probably wrong but weighing up pro and cos of premix
    Last edited by Hydrotherapy; 11-18-2007 at 08:32 AM.

+1
    Is it just me or would you not notice if one stoped working vea the all of a sudden crapy running ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IEGPR View Post
    Is it just me or would you not notice if one stoped working vea the all of a sudden crapy running ski.
    You should see a performance decrease if the injector fails for sure but i have worries about clogging over time with a slow decline in performance leading to bearing failure... I know that when performance is down or something is wrong i am guilty of running the engine to diagnose the problem,sometimes is the only way and if an injector is out it just might be too long....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    hi James i thought it was the atomized petrol passing the oil at speed which mixed the two together,
    i just cant see the air alone atomizing semi heavy oil to the point of atomization enough to lube the cylinder and bottom end rather i see it clumping and being sent into the cylinder blobbed,
    we will have to see what some of the GPR gurus have to say..
    i am probably wrong but weighing up pro and cos of premix
    Hydro,i understand what you are saying about atomizing but the air velocity alone will force feed the small amount of oil that is comming from the oil lines... I am not saying that premix is not the way to go but there is for sure a downfall either way..You and other members that are premix can be very helpful with the injector performance over time and keep us informed,but if the injector fails it will need to be diagnosed sooner than later or your engine will suffer the consequences......

The vacuum of the motor will suck in the oil.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    The vacuum of the motor will suck in the oil.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information