Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Beerme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hurricane Ally aka Polk county, Auburndale Florida.
    Posts
    69

    New MSX 150 Owner needs help

    Hello all,

    I just obtained a MSX 140 and 150, the 140 runs well but the 150 has the flashing red light and the lcd reads "check engine". It will run above 4800 rpms so based upon what I found here in research it doesn't appear to be an over boost code.

    The ski has 76 hrs own it, it starts immediately and idles very smoothly. When I hit the throttle the boat accelerates the way you would expect but then it pauses and the light comes on, but the boat continues to accelerate again.

    Not knowing anything about the skiis I am scared to put it in the water and run it to try to figure out what the problem is, can anyone point me in the right direction?

    I will put it back in the water later today and run it again to see if I can be more precise about what RPM the light comes on at, also, is it possible this is an old code that just needs to be cleared?

    Finally what is the recommended warm up time for a cold engine before you crack the throttle?

    Thank you in advance for your advice and happy jet skiing.....


  2. #2
    ph2ocraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Campbell, Ca.
    Posts
    14,100
    +1
    105
    Hi beerme, WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!
    Did you check the tech section for the 150 service manual?

  3. #3
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    beer-me Welcome to the hulk.. I like your user name.

  4. #4
    Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Boulder City, NV
    Posts
    3,364
    +1
    1
    Are you guys cousins?

  5. #5
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,591
    +1
    1,275

    Arrow MSX140 - 2003 or 2004 model?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beerme View Post
    Hello all,

    I just obtained a MSX 140....
    Welcome to the Hulk!

    I am curious about your MSX140. What model year is it?
    Could you tell me the last four digits of the HIN (or even the entire HIN)?
    Do you know when your MSX140 was manufactured?

    I am trying to find more info about the 2004 MSX140 vs. the 2003 MSX140, and the HIN encodes some clues about production month and year.

    You can PM me if you don't want to post the info here.

  6. #6
    Beerme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hurricane Ally aka Polk county, Auburndale Florida.
    Posts
    69

    Msx 140 = 2003

    My MSX 140 is a 2003 model and has 26 hours on it. Just picked it up two weeks ago and finally ran it Saturday. Runs great. The MSX 150 is a 2004 model wtih 76 hours hopefully I can get it running great... LOL

    No not a cousin of Beer Darts,,,,Yet... LOL, thanks to all for the warm welcome.

    MSX 150 Update, I just went over the engine compartment again and tested the waste gate as recommended. It has some tension on it but seems to function correctly. I did find an electronic control model on the port side of the craft across from the front spark plug which appears to be missing a hose, the hose fitting appears to be a vacuum or fuel/oil return not sure which.

    Ironically I found a clear hose on the rear starboard side of the craft tied up and left open. Even though one may think its obvious I have opted not to connect the two as I am unsure at this point if that is the correct hose or if there is another port somewhere not connected.

    Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

  7. #7
    Beerme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hurricane Ally aka Polk county, Auburndale Florida.
    Posts
    69

    Service manual

    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    Hi beerme, WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!
    Did you check the tech section for the 150 service manual?
    I did check the manual, it said there was a possible loose electrical connection, or a turbo problem. Either way take it to a dealer.....not sure I am ready to concede defeat and turn it over to a dealer just yet.

    Is there a way to pull the engine code and obtain a clearer idea of what the error condition is?

  8. #8
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerme View Post
    My MSX 140 is a 2003 model and has 26 hours on it. Just picked it up two weeks ago and finally ran it Saturday. Runs great. The MSX 150 is a 2004 model wtih 76 hours hopefully I can get it running great... LOL

    No not a cousin of Beer Darts,,,,Yet... LOL, thanks to all for the warm welcome.

    MSX 150 Update, I just went over the engine compartment again and tested the waste gate as recommended. It has some tension on it but seems to function correctly. I did find an electronic control model on the port side of the craft across from the front spark plug which appears to be missing a hose, the hose fitting appears to be a vacuum or fuel/oil return not sure which.

    Ironically I found a clear hose on the rear starboard side of the craft tied up and left open.That might be the battery vent if you have a sealed battery installed. Even though one may think its obvious I have opted not to connect the two as I am unsure at this point if that is the correct hose or if there is another port somewhere not connected.

    Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
    .

  9. #9
    Beerme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hurricane Ally aka Polk county, Auburndale Florida.
    Posts
    69
    I went back and checked that hose, it appears to run to the dash along the starboard side of the craft. The hose is very long and it appears to have some residual fluid in it, also the electronic module I mentioned earlier that has a hose disconnect appears to have an electrical connection to the waste gate.

    Thanks again for your assistance...

  10. #10
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,591
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerme View Post
    I went back and checked that hose, it appears to run to the dash along the starboard side of the craft. The hose is very long and it appears to have some residual fluid in it...
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    That might be the battery vent if you have a sealed battery installed.
    Often, the clear battery vent hose just falls off the nipple on the battery. Look around the upper lip of the battery, you might find a short nipple that the clear hose just nicely reaches.

    The residual fluid is probably some water from the hose end laying in the bottom of the boat. Just blow it clear, and reconnect it to the battery.

    The battery vent hose is to prevent battery acid from leaking into the hull, also keep water out of the battery should the hull partially flood, and allow any gases from the battery to escape outside the hull.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New MSX 110 Owner need help please
    By soo_storm2002 in forum MSX/Matrix
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-26-2016, 11:19 PM
  2. MSX 150 Problems - NEED HELP!
    By DonMonie in forum MSX/Matrix
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-17-2013, 02:43 PM
  3. Think I got a deal... new MSX 150 owner
    By ripcuda in forum MSX/Matrix
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 05:40 PM
  4. MSX 150 turbo? Need Help please !!
    By Mackzilla in forum MSX/Matrix
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 09:21 AM
  5. New 99 GSX owner needs help!
    By WFGP1400RRR in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 02:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •