Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Dynafly setback question

Is there any benefit on getting a "setback" dynafly vs the regular? I know there is a 50$ price difference but was wondering about performance. I have basically stock 07 gpr and am going to mill head to help turn it. thanks

+1
    A setback will drop your rpm but the hook up/ecceleration will be better.I would wait till your done modding before you even touch the prop.

Yup same thing with my ski had to put back in stock prop untill i finish with mods for my engine was getting low rpms....getting riva heads soon an probaly some reed stuffers and drop that 14/20 back in. The 14/20 is a nice prop for the 1300R but need thaat extra power to turn it

Quote Originally Posted by Tanny View Post
    Yup same thing with my ski had to put back in stock prop untill i finish with mods for my engine was getting low rpms....getting riva heads soon an probaly some reed stuffers and drop that 14/20 back in. The 14/20 is a nice prop for the 1300R but need thaat extra power to turn it
    Skip the stuffers, get VF3 reeds and spacer. You will actually gain rpm and low/mid end that way instead of just low/mid end grunt.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    Skip the stuffers, get VF3 reeds and spacer. You will actually gain rpm and low/mid end that way instead of just low/mid end grunt.
    +1 vf3' will definately wake up your ski, well worth every penny

Are the VF3 dependable an reliable for your engine? I had a problem with my gp800 ago where i had install the delta force reeds and it did internal damage from the crank straight up to the head.

+1
    Are the VF3 dependable an reliable for your engine? I had a problem with my gp800 ago where i had install the delta force reeds and it did internal damage from the crank straight up to the head.
    I've had VF3s with the spacer plate on my 1200 for 200+ hours without any problems. 1300 has about 30 hours on them, Ditto. Major power improvement!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gprjersey07 View Post
    Is there any benefit on getting a "setback" dynafly vs the regular? I know there is a 50$ price difference but was wondering about performance. I have basically stock 07 gpr and am going to mill head to help turn it. thanks
    It does load the motor a little more. Personally I would get it done and shim the prop back forward if needed. If you can find the old style washer with the rubber grommit on it, that works perfect if the rubber peice is removed. Stack it on top of the new style SS washer.

Many of the members on here run the VF3 reeds on their ski with no problem at all. I think there has only been two cases of them having issues and they were replaced for free. I run them and will continue to run them on my BB.

The important thing is to install them correctly. Most people don't seal the intake back good and this causes big problems and internal damage like you had.

I was actually talked out of VF3s over the summer (complaints of reliability issues) and went with some carbon tech reeds with my stock cages.
    Last edited by dogger; 11-19-2007 at 09:05 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information