Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

XBOX 360 vs. PS3

I've got an old PS2, love it. Had an original XBOX, hated it. Think im going to finally go for one of the newer systems, and it seems the battle has been tilted in favor of the 360 for now.

PS3 still doesn't have many games but that should change. 360 has lots of games and Halo to its name, among a couple others.

I think its pretty obivious the PS3 is a superior piece of hardware in general with bigger standard HD, Wi-Fi, Blue-ray player, and well free online gaming. It's biggest down fall right now is that there aren't jack for games yet.

So I find myself in a pickle; 360 offers the better gaming experience right now, but the PS3 could surpass that once developers have more games and games that can harness the full potential of the system.

Those with experience with both systems, please offer up some advice.

Dont judge me...
    I WILL NEVER BUY A 360..... I have a buddy who bought one and it was an older one the stopped working so he bought the "NEW" and improved one well it froze up and wouldnt work....sent it to Bill Gates an they sent him a new one again.... Well sunday after working on the skis it froze.... and it is not in a bad enviroment and is not played 24/7.... 360 SUCK!!!!

I think its a matter of opinion, to me it looks like if you like shooters I would go with the 360 cuz it has Halo and Gears of War in its name, but sports I think I would go with the ps3 because of the superior graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by YJSONLY View Post
    I WILL NEVER BUY A 360..... I have a buddy who bought one and it was an older one the stopped working so he bought the "NEW" and improved one well it froze up and wouldnt work....sent it to Bill Gates an they sent him a new one again.... Well sunday after working on the skis it froze.... and it is not in a bad enviroment and is not played 24/7.... 360 SUCK!!!!

Well if you got the red ring of death you should have gottin a free one just call send the old one in and walla.My sons was a 1st gen 360 never had a problem 2 years later the ring of death comes in.I call xbox the recall was extended and a new 360 in the mail.Great service.Some times shit happens but the 360 is better so far as i have both systems.More games for 360 other wise flip a coin.Sorry to hear your 360 failure it does sux when that kinda shit happens.

The Xbox 360 has a ton of sweet games out

You can also get Halo 3 for free when buying a new system
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/ha...boxgethalo.htm

The PS3 does not have a bigger harddrive though. The Xbox 360 Elite comes with a 120gb HD. Top of the line PS3 only has 80gb. Personally I have not used up all of the space on my 20gb regular harddrive pro model. I download all sorts of demos. 120gb would be nice for downloading television shows ect. though.

Also another miss conception is this 1080p tru hd shit. Ok, take it from someone that has had every system since the NES came out and owns multiple HDTV's. The 1080p picture depending on TV screen size isn't all that and a bag of chips. All of my TV's are 1080p. The PS3 vs the Xbox 360 in this department is a draw. The Xbox 360 now has HDMI support and 1080p support via both HDMI and component cables. Plus I don't think one game out there runs in tru 1080p much less 1080i anyways. I can run PS3 and Xbox 360 games in 1080p but it just upscales the game to the resolution. The native resolution I usually between 720p and 1080p. So I wouldn't pay attention to all the 1080p talk.

Wi-Fi can be added to the Xbox 360 for 99. I have the microsoft add on and it works great but I have only used it when I took the Xbox 360 to a friends house. Online gaming really needs a wired connection.

The Blu-Ray player in the PS3 to me is a huge plus. I want one just for that, cheapest Blu-Ray player on the market. Now will Blu-Ray win the battle of HD disc movies? Who knows, right now it is a tie and it is looking to stay that way through the holiday season and beyond. HD-DVD stand alone players have been selling like hot cakes this season because of the huge price drop. 99 dollars for a stand alone HD-DVD, shit makes me want to buy another one! (already have two HD-DVD players) Plus you have to worry about what movies are on which format, there are movies in the HD-DVD format and not on the Blu-Ray and vise versa. Either to me is good! Both is better

Now, here is something where the Xbox is king with out a doubt. Online Play! Xbox Live on Xbox 360 is totally different than on regular Xbox. I would also rate only play on Xbox better than on the PS2. The best way I can put this is that you get what you pay for. It is assumed by most in the gaming world the PS3 won't beat Xbox 360 and Xbox Live in online play unless it takes a MAJOR leap from where it is now. Thats not likely since sony is loosing a ton of money just to get the system rolling so I wouldn't look for better online gaming unless you are paying for it.

Anyways I would pick the Xbox 360. PS3 might be good down the road but look at it this way, the price of it will drop down the road also.

My friend bought a PS3 60gb and it broke the 3rd time he used it. This can happen to anyone. Yes the first Xbox 360's had problems but some didn't. Now they are all good so I have been hearing. I have a lauch 360 and it works like a charm. Key is to keep it in a place where it can get air..... same thing goes with any system.

And I wouldn't same the graphics and gameplay are better on PS3 for sports. I remember this camparo and they look the same in madden to me!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23508.html

i had a ps3 and have played an xbox360 when the xbox came out ,for the first 6 months to a year there where not many games . when the ps3 came out there were not many games for this system. all i hear from my friends and others {with a xbox} theres no games ! just like the xbox it takes TIME to develope games for a new system the games are now hitting the shelves most games that have come out have been just a copy of the xbox version made to play on the ps3 like madden 08 this game runs 60 frames per second on the xbox360 and 30 on the ps3 but playing the game they are the same the ps3 can do what the 360 does at 60 frames per second in only 30 next year there will be two madden games developed one for the 360 and one that runs 60 frames per second on the ps3 at 1080p {the 360 cannot run this game } the 360 is a very good game system for the money but when u add all the things to it like wireless controles more memory hd dvd player and the hdmi hook ups how much will this cost ? $600 to $800 and still does not play blueray these things may cost less for the xbox360 i am just guessing but for the money and the performance $399 to $499 is a better choice PS3 wins for me u can go all day about which one is better but , the price drop {because all of the games hitting the shelves } has more then doubled sales for the ps3 from 30,000 a week to 75,000 a week ! some weeks where even over a 100,000 units ! also sony has just cut the development fee for game developers to $10,500 {i think} so this will provide more games for the ps3

Dont judge me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    Now they are all good so I have been hearing. I have a lauch 360 and it works like a charm. Key is to keep it in a place where it can get air..... same thing goes with any system.

that is the thing the last 2 are the new ones!!! air it sits on a stand with nothing blocking it....

that is the thing the last 2 are the new ones!!! air it sits on a stand with nothing blocking it....
    Strange

Anyways, yea, the PS3 price drop has helped it recently. So has the price drop on the DEV kit. This helps a ton. Still though

What games are out or are going to be coming out soon that have Halo 3 or GOW Stats. None. Plus PS3 won't have the online play Xbox has ever.

This is how I see it

I play the Xbox 360 for Online Play

I play the PS3 for non Online Play

And really in the end it isn't even about the fucking graphics anyways. The only game I have touched in weeks is Mario Galaxy and it runs in 480p. lol Its about how much fun you have playing.

i bought a 360, had the get it replaced because the harddrive crashed or something but it stoped working wouldn't even turn on, now with the one i have now if i start it with a game in it, it will crash in about 15 minutes.

so i have to start it take the game out wait a few minutes put the game in and then it wont crash for about 1-2hours. not very happy with it

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information