Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Picked up a new part time job

Gas prices, credit card bills, car payment, mod money.... i'm just living too large of a life for a person in college fulltime. I do very well for myself in the summer and it holds me over usually thru the winter with a few side jobs here and there.

Last night was my first night, and i worked again tonight... working for the "Royal Valet" company.

Last night was a quick 7-10pm thing at a greek orthodox church to direct people in the parking lot and BS, didn't even have to park cars. 2.5 hours got me 50 bucks, and it was down the block from my house.

TONIGHT was fun. very very upper-class function at a private school campus in one of Long Island's richest areas. Parked 176 cars... all fun cars too. few Aston martins, vettes, 2 bentleys, the rest were just every Benz, BMW, Saab, and Audi that the companies offer... but besides that, it's not such a bad part tmie job. Met a few cute girls there were working the coat check. Had some good food between off hours, and ran like crazy and got a workout during the peak moments... There were 7 other guys there with me (6 drivers, 2 umbrella bitches because it was POURING) ...after tips were split, which were weren't supposed to accept since the house was taking care of us , i took home 103 cash tips, and 100 bucks salary plus 1 hour overtime to be determined... so appx 220 bucks or so for parking cars tonight. Nothing extravagant, not the kind of money i'm used to, but it'll make for a good contribution to my mod fund if i can do this every weekend

I'm going to have to work more often than i'm used to in order to support my bad habit of a hobby we have, but mostly because i can't keep up with gas in my truck and ski... gotta do what you gotta do.

WOW!, good luck with that Steve. Maybe you`ll hook up with a cutie along the way . Just don`t kill yourself with all those hours...PR...

A couple more days of work and you'll be able to get that carbon fiber seat. :P

+1
    I`m a good guy shibby,,,really,,,and this is just a suggestion. You need to go through those cars for some pocket stash my man. Remember to cover your tracks. And always lay blame on "the other guy".

Just another tip from your good buddy HOSS. On the dl.

Quote Originally Posted by HOSS
    I`m a good guy shibby,,,really,,,and this is just a suggestion. You need to go through those cars for some pocket stash my man. Remember to cover your tracks. And always lay blame on "the other guy".

Yeah, listen to HOSS's suggestions Shibby and maybe he'll give you more advice later down the road that a big guy named "BUBBA" will have your back when you are in the "slammer"

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS

Yeah, listen to HOSS's suggestions Shibby and maybe he'll give you more advice later down the road that a big guy named "BUBBA" will have your back when you are in the "slammer"

and don`t forget the soap on a rope!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    LOL... so many people left their wallets in the car and money in cup holders... it didn't even cross my mind once. I'm a pretty ethical guy most of the time... But it's a pretty fun job, time goes by quickly, and I generally enjoy dealing with people and talking, so it was good. Get those few rich snobs that don't want to wait in line for their car and they start complaining, but most of them were real cool, laid back, and saw how hard we were working. Cars were parked all over acres away. Never ran so much in my life, plus it was pouring rain and i was walking in puddles in my shoes all night.

Rafi... carbon fiber seat is only part of what's on my wish list, lol... but it's certainly pretty high up there

Ya Shibby
    if you listen to Hoss we will find out who will be on PROBATION LOL

J3ff
    Man, I bet that was you that parked my Escalade the other night, came back with the seat all high up - almost like someone used a booster seat in it!

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Good job Shibby, Im in the valet business too! Make sure you dig deep for those Montblanc pens those rich people have all around like if they were nothing ....J/K

You can really get a cardio workout huh! And get paid for it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information