• Yamaha SHO

29 42.65%
  • Honda 15F

5 7.35%
  • SEA Doo RXT-X

13 19.12%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ultra or SHO????????

OK, so you guys that have or had the Ultra 250, if you had to do it over and the SHO was available, which would you buy? I loved the Ultra when it came out. I think it looks tough. But now I am liking the specs of the SHO but dont care for the front end looks. Side view looks killer though.
    I think I have narrowed it down to these two ski's for my 08 purchase. Then Honda comes out with a killer looking machine too with more HP.
    My riding conditions:
    Gulf of Mexico, rough water. Mostly by myself but at times with the wife cruising to some islands. Gas mileage is kinda important for sometimes day long cruises.This will be my second ski and I want to keep it for a while without outgrowing it, like I did the GTI.

+1
    it looks like the sc is gear driven like seadoo.

I dont like that for long ocean runs..prefer the 15f for that... good fuel economy too. The 0-30 for the yami will cost some fuel.

honestly for speed i wud go with the seadoo rxt x..but in this case you want to compare yami and kawi....let me give you a few important key factors.

SHO- Made from probably the most reliable and withstanding company (yamaha)....it has a new hull material so will be decent in rough water...1800cc engine will push it to a nice top speed...210 horse is enuf to get u to 70 MPH...and the gas will be decent to bad....for long ocean runs this machine will be great because of the comfortable set up of it....it also has trim system, cruise control (GREAT for long runs), no wake mode, and alot other options...great ski

Kawi ultra 250- Made from a decent company...has an oversized hull and is probably the best jetski for rough water out....250 horses supercharged is very fast, but its a heavy ski so will most likely be slower than the SHO...but rough water its better. Does not have many options and does not have trim...a little more uncomfortable than the sho....tops out around 68

My say is go with the YAMAHA SHO....I think its going to be a better choice in the end....unless ur in 4 foot swells every single day, then u should get the sho lol.

__________________________________________________ ______________
    VX110 Sport- R&D intake grate, Riva air intake, Solas 18/24 58.8 mph(mine)
    still modding, please help me w/ what I should add next!
    RXT stock forever-67.7 mph(family)
    RXPX-soon to come and be modded(dads and mine)

SHO all the way!!

Although Ive not seen it discussed here recently, I think the SHO can run on 87 octane while Ultra & SD require at least 91. This could be a big advantage if you cant get 91+ on the water where you ride. The Ultra has about twice the storage space though which is real important to me.

Im stickin with the Kawi because I like rough water but I sure hope to try the SHO.

+1
    It seems to me the Honda might fill your needs as well as the Super High Output (SHO) Yami.

Lots of big water cruising with good fuel economy and realiability.
    I'm tossed between the two at this point but if I was just using it as a cruiser only application the excellent looking Honda would be my choice.

The Honda offered the most comfort and best ergonomic feel to me, keep in mind these are just display models I was sitting on.

I love the speed and power of the BRP and the Kawi but find the fuel consumption too high for my travel area while cruising.

Two things bother me about the Honda.....
    No tilt steering, especially for standing.
    The fact they didn't come up with a 5MPH button, I LOVE that feature!!!!

Don't get me wrong, two years ago we would have all been killing for a 200HP Honda.

I guess until I can ride one, I won't be making my choice between the two.

+1
    Besides the low, non adjustable bars on the Honda, the deep forward slanted foot wells will probably hold nearly 20 gallons of water when at idle speed. That will make the craft less stable when riding with passengers as did the older "R" model.

Richard

new honda

macsboost on the new honda could be killer it does well on the 1200 what will it do on the 1500????
    i bought the kaw 250 before it came out and sold it not soon enough
    i will wait to c the results on this new Honda
    3 Kaws maybe time to try something new

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    Besides the low, non adjustable bars on the Honda, the deep forward slanted foot wells will probably hold nearly 20 gallons of water when at idle speed. That will make the craft less stable when riding with passengers as did the older "R" model.

Richard
    True, but nothing a good syphon system won't cure.
    A couple of holes, a little tubing and a quick mod to the pump.
    If I wanted to go crazy I could actually install a little bilge system.

these are some good ideas and comparisons guys. Keep em coming. I am shure I am not the only one in this predicament for 08!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information