Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    stupid question?? what size

    just buying some tools to take apart my gp1300 wondering if the allen keys needed are metric or standard.. stupid question but i dont want to have to take the craft to the store to find out!! im onlytaking off the visor hood and big side panels so i can paint the hull any other tools needed??? thanx!!


  2. #2
    quadzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LOCH NESS Monster-Land
    Posts
    1,178
    +1
    29

    Smile ???????

    Quote Originally Posted by islandboy View Post
    just buying some tools to take apart my gp1300 wondering if the allen keys needed are metric or standard.. stupid question but i dont want to have to take the craft to the store to find out!! im onlytaking off the visor hood and big side panels so i can paint the hull any other tools needed??? thanx!!
    Hey Islandboy

    Not a stupid question at all..!!!

    Everything on your ski is Metric..!!!

    Make sure you've downloaded the workshop manual, it might help you to locate fastenings..!!

    If you haven't..??? then...
    see here:..http://www.ramnj.com/GP1300R.pdf
    2005 supplement:...http://www.ramnj.com/GP1300R_2005_Su...tal_Manual.pdf

    Good luck with it..

    Gerry

  3. #3
    hey that manual helped ALLOT! awesome thanx! the only thing it didnt help with is getting the hydro turff off any tricks anyone?? that s*** is on there good! thanx again gerry

  4. #4
    OLD # 7 IEGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Rialto CA
    Posts
    964
    +1
    6
    Getting the stock truf off is a B#$%^

  5. #5
    Moderated
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,711
    Quote Originally Posted by islandboy View Post
    hey that manual helped ALLOT! awesome thanx! the only thing it didnt help with is getting the hydro turff off any tricks anyone?? that s*** is on there good! thanx again gerry
    read here

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ight=hydroturf
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ight=hydroturf
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ight=hydroturf

    it will help you with matt removal.

  6. #6
    awesome thanks allot guys... gives me a little support knowing im not the only one sitting with a putty knife scraping matts for 6 hours!!!

  7. #7
    just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    muskegon michigan
    Posts
    798
    2500 psi presure washer.... That does a great job. quick too... I took some decals off with it what a easy job.. I was afraid at first it might hurt the hull. but it didn't. not at all.

  8. #8
    krispaintballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Posts
    2,978
    Quote Originally Posted by great lakes gpr 1200 View Post
    2500 psi presure washer.... That does a great job. quick too... I took some decals off with it what a easy job.. I was afraid at first it might hurt the hull. but it didn't. not at all.

    Good option.......BUT......just be careful because i seen 2500psi pressure washer etch concrete and take paint off of cars. If you know what your doing whatever floats your boat and does the job right and efficient. Good job glgpr1200.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 06:47 PM
  2. Stupid question... but what would you expect from a newbie?
    By Ric in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 04:18 PM
  3. What size bit and tap for dynotune gauge
    By excess in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2006, 06:10 PM
  4. MOST LIKELY A STUPID QUESTION
    By GRNGOBLIN in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2006, 03:15 PM
  5. Stupid question...or not??
    By RustySeaRustyDoo in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-17-2005, 01:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •