Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Winterizing 06 RXP

    Quick question, is the engine fogging really important when winterizing, I have all the Antifreeze and such, however I've never popped open the engine in anyway and I don't want to do anything wrong, so if I can avoid it for 1 year and it's not too serious, I was wondering if this is a good idea.


    Pone


  2. #2
    Also, it says to use Bomb oil, is there any other oil you can use instead. I am about an hour and 30 mins from a dealer.

  3. #3
    2017 RXT-X 300 zone 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    Posts
    589
    +1
    8
    I would do it. Its easy. Pull 2 bolts, and the fuel rail comes up with the injectors. spray the fog in, and crank it over holding it at WOT. replace the injectors, and tighten the bolts. The only time I've seen it screwed up is when one member miss read the Torque and tightened the bolts to 74 FOOT lbs, insted of the 74 INCH pounds that they are supposed to be.

  4. #4
    My new toys at work bruinsrme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Worcester MA
    Posts
    1,706
    you can pick up fogging oil at any auto store, walmart and such
    As Zone mentioned
    it is Inch pounds

  5. #5
    Still crazy after all these beers Mac Daddy Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    St. Paul MN
    Posts
    290
    Where does the anti-freeze go if the cooling system is a closed loop??? I have the 2 strokers now, looking at getting something with a SC.

  6. #6
    MyGreenGumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    West islip, NY / Portsmouth, RI
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by zone 5 View Post
    I would do it. Its easy. Pull 2 bolts, and the fuel rail comes up with the injectors. spray the fog in, and crank it over holding it at WOT. replace the injectors, and tighten the bolts. The only time I've seen it screwed up is when one member miss read the Torque and tightened the bolts to 74 FOOT lbs, insted of the 74 INCH pounds that they are supposed to be.
    I thought there was an easy access on the 06 ?? You just plug and fog ???? No pulling the injectors? Theres an easier way!?!?!?!?!?!!???!?!

  7. #7
    2017 RXT-X 300 zone 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    Posts
    589
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by MyGreenGumby View Post
    I thought there was an easy access on the 06 ?? You just plug and fog ???? No pulling the injectors? Theres an easier way!?!?!?!?!?!!???!?!
    You are thinking of the fitting on top of the plastic cover. Thats for putting the fog into the throttle body. You still need to pull the injectors to put fog in the cylinders.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy Racing View Post
    Where does the anti-freeze go if the cooling system is a closed loop??? I have the 2 strokers now, looking at getting something with a SC.
    The engine is closed loop. The Intercooler and the exhaust manifold aren't, so they need to be drainned and have antifreeze run through them.

  8. #8
    Still crazy after all these beers Mac Daddy Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    St. Paul MN
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by zone 5 View Post
    You are thinking of the fitting on top of the plastic cover. Thats for putting the fog into the throttle body. You still need to pull the injectors to put fog in the cylinders.



    The engine is closed loop. The Intercooler and the exhaust manifold aren't, so they need to be drainned and have antifreeze run through them.
    I see. Thanks for the update. Guess I never had the seat off of one long enough to get a good look. I kept staring at the S.C. and smiling

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Winterizing my Sea Doo 06 RXP
    By waveguy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 07:19 PM
  2. is is true that the 06 RXP will have more hp ??
    By rxp_boy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 11:07 PM
  3. 06 Rxp Specs
    By FireFox in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 09:28 PM
  4. 06 RXP?!?!?!
    By dereksabolracing in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-09-2005, 02:35 PM
  5. 05 or 06 RXP ???
    By Wes901 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 05:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •