Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would this be under warrenty??

I still have warrenty left on my ski untill june something...so i was wondering if I take my ski in for service on the S/C (I dont know if anything is wrong) and have them check the slip moment on my S/C and it fails, would they pay for my to get 06" spec stuff (shaft, washers, ect..., ect...)?...shib Your a dealer you know how this works...would it be coverd?

+1
    You would need to tell them that at certain times it feels as if your ski
    is not running at top performance. Let them know that sometimes it feels OK and others it doesn't reach top RPM's.
    Then throw it in there that you think it feels like maybe your clutch is slipping on your SCer.
    That would probably do it.

Austin

Well I hate to say "if it ain`t broke yada yada yada" but you could rig a boost gauge temporarily and see what your boost levels are, After reading and seeing how sensitive the SC clutches are to no-experienced dealers (being most of them) I wouldn`t want just anyone checking that. just my 2 cents AJ...PR...

+1
    PR I feel the same way.

I was gonna have GP do my SCer with 2006 specs, but I have decidid to just do my Les's washiers. I figure I don't need the extra 06 kit. And anyway the 06 kit has ceramics aswell, so I would still need Washiers..

So I figure the best way for me, is my already in hand Les's washiers on my 04 shaft and be done with it.

Totallyblown, Bro you will be fine, Just install the Darn washiers you bought already and be done with it. Installed correctly and your gonna never need another clutch setup.

was gonna have GP do my SCer with 2006 specs, but I have decidid to just do my Les's washiers. I figure I don't need the extra 06 kit. And anyway the 06 kit has ceramics aswell, so I would still need Washiers..

so even if upgrated from 2004 SC to a 2006 SC shaft and everything YOU STILL NEED EXTRA WASHERS LIKE LES'S

Which is like 500 for the new shaft and washers. New hydrolic is like 800-900 if your going for 500 might as well spend the extra 300. I'm sure in a year or 2 SC bulletproofing is going to change again. Hyrdolic should be fool proof. Unless someone knows a hole in that design.

I am just going to get Les washers, have Jerry throw them in there...If he will! PLEASE ...Hopefully that would work.

PLEASE POST UP IF YOU HAVE A 04-05 SKI WITH THE 04-05 SHAFT ADN ARE RUNNING LES WASHERS. ANY INPUT FROM YALL WHO HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS WOULD BE MUCH APPRICIATED! THANKS!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by daverxp4
    was gonna have GP do my SCer with 2006 specs, but I have decidid to just do my Les's washiers. I figure I don't need the extra 06 kit. And anyway the 06 kit has ceramics aswell, so I would still need Washiers..

so even if upgrated from 2004 SC to a 2006 SC shaft and everything YOU STILL NEED EXTRA WASHERS LIKE LES'S
    Yes the 2006 upgrade kit has ceramic washiers, so it is best to upgrade to metal.

Quote Originally Posted by daverxp4

So you are just saying Fuck it and going to do Les wahsers on your 04 shaft?

I dont know if any of yall have dealed with ASK Powersports but thats my dealer and that who I have to convince my S/C is fucked up...But then they are going to say you have done all of this stuff, and we cant garuntee warrenty! and then you will see me get severly pissed off...I mean blow through the roof pissed off... so hopefully I can convince them...you think this will work?

You should try to install the washers yourself. Its really not that hard. Get the manual and just follow it.

If I can do it, anybody can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information