+1

shark attack victim saved by dolphins

Man is Saved by School of Dolphins

Todd Endris was brutally attacked by a shark while surfing in Northern California.

Endris received seven hundred stitches to repair his badly injured torso and leg.

Police tape surrounds a Northern California beach after a shark attacks a surfer. The monster's teeth left a huge gash on the surfboard.

Todd Endris lost half his blood in the attack. His torso and leg are badly scarred, the result of seven hundred stitches to sew him up. Endris says the blow from the shark knocked him out of the water.

Endris recalls the terrifying attack, saying, "The first time he hit me he couldn't fit me in his mouth." He says the shark, which he estimated to be 18 feet long, was traveling at a speed of 20 to 25 MPH. He believes the shark mistook him for a sea lion. Endris says the shark took his entire leg into its mouth. Quickly he began to lose consciousness.

Then incredibly, a pod of dolphins surrounded him, distracting the killer shark. Endris tells INSIDE EDITION, "(the dolphins) formed a wall between me and the shark and that gave me just enough time and I started to swim in."

The dolphins blocking maneuver gave fellow surfer Joe Jansen just enough time to help pull Endris onto shore.

Jansen tells INSIDE EDITION, "it was horrific...just a massive gash, the full nine yards. It was about the worst thing I've ever seen in person."

Endris is thankfully that Jansen was there to help, calling him "the most heroic guy I know."

Now, the wounds have healed and Endris is in therapy, rebuilding his torn muscles. He's thankful the shark didn't kill him.

He was surfing Moss Landing when he got hit, near Seaside/Marina (Monterey Bay). Todd had some heavy surgery from the wounds and was then kept in ICU burn ward for infections. He looks really good considering the devastation his body just encountered.

African-American
    +1
    wow.. talk about intervention from mother nature.

Animals truely are mans best friend.

+1

Ahoy

I think the TV show blew that one out...he probably got attacked by the shark thinking he was a dolphin, because the whites follow dolphins and eat them for food....Todd worked for a close friend of mine in a surf school, and he said in his original interview at the hospital the opposite of this interview, so I'm not sure what is going on..I posted it because it was on the net...but it's really hard to trust the media.
    Even when they do interviews with me...its rare to get an accurate one..the best interview that was very honest and to the point was the New Yorker, Leaving Desire, Jon Lee Anderson is an ethical journalist...that's the best writing I've ever been a part of....and a few others, but that was top notch.

So..we'll see how this story of Todd becomes legend...LOL

But you are right, nature is really groovy!

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn alladio View Post
    ...he probably got attacked by the shark thinking he was a dolphin,
    but it's really hard to trust the media.
    I was here for this --Shark attacks man swimming with dolphins

http://www.igorilla.com/gorilla/anim...n_in_keys.html

"COME ON LETS PLAY WITH THE DOLPHINS"

Thread Information