Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

She's reached the limit!!! Now What?

Well guy's about two months ago it was time to see how much this thing really had... So I pulled the SC off and shimmed them to 100 inch pounds and took off everything that wasn't bolted down. (Well even some things that were) lol. I took out all the gear, seats and the biggest thing was the entire rear sun pad and hatch cover. That damn thing weights about 250 lbs. I'm thinking I must have taken out 300 lbs. So with a huge smile headed off to the ramp with my partner in crime to lend a hand. Got her out there and the acceleration was unbelievable... Boost jumped from 9.7 to 11.0... How ever the boat ran hard up to 70... Then the last few slowly ticked off 71, 72.3, 72, 8 73.0 then! 73.3.... But the crazy thing are that I ran the same freaking speed with all the gear and rear deck on it. So I think the hull is maxed out at this time.... She's rear loose at those speeds and wants to start to hop around like crazy. So now that she is maxed out... what do I do???? So I went and sold her.... Had her on e bay and the bidding went crazy.... When the smoke cleared she was sold. And just my luck guesses where she went?? Can’t guess?? Well I'll tell you... I had to Ship her to Latvia!!! Can u believe it?? For crying out loud I didn't even know where Latvia was.... But she is there now after a month of traveling...

wha??? after all that work you ditched her man, shame ...PR...

any new plans somefun?

hi, somefun
    i´m about to make a S2+ SPEEDSTER WAKE, so do you mean that it wouldn,t be to much benefit to built higher stage engines
    exept if the acceleration is really worth it i want to do in the future a rude speedster
    what do you think, for me the topspeed isn´t that important as a go on sea so at more then 70 it would hop around anyway even with little waves
    ciao Jim

+1

+1
    Dam somefun, you could have tossed in the turbo's.

+1
    WOW! that is a crazy story. How much did she sell for on Ebay?

Shocked is an understatement. I thought a pair of Rudes would be next in your arsenal.

I hope Latvia is nowhere close to Nigeria (meaning I hope you get paid).

Did you just get bored with it?

My 2cents.

I think you may have left a stone unturned, that boat doesn't have any kind of trim system does it? I am building a twin SCIC boat in a Yamaha XR-1800 Hull, and one of my requirements for the project is a trim system w/reverse. I was very impressed with your work on your boat! I hope to be able to reach the speeds you did here, but a trim system would have definitely allowed you to pull some more top end out of that boat. Notice how all high end tuned jet boats throw a rooster tail from the high trim that they run. Especially with this kind of horsepower the thrust has even more of a pronounced effect on bow attitude control. This may also have allowed you to eliminate the chine walking, or pump loading, (in a jet boat I guess you could have either/both happening) you said you were getting at top speed.

I'm surprised you sold the boat, I'm interested in what your next project will be.

Well guys as u know I tried just about everything on the boat... I had 2 degree wedges on and off and the boat ran the maybe a half Mph faster with them on but the handling with to hell... The reason why I'm saying it was topped out was because of a few things. One when I took off all that weight the top speed didn't move at all. I would have thought it would have done something... I mean were talking like 300lbs. Next as I accelerated the boat ran up to 70 or 71 and it kind of just stopped. But the main thing was at those speeds the boat just started hopping around like crazy. I had bought two VTX trim systems but after much pondering I realized it just would not work due to the twin jets and no room. But even with the trim if you tried to trim it out any more than I had it set up for it would go back to hopping and then unload the pumps. I was hard to sell her. One day we were out on the water and I said to my wife I think I may put the boat on E Bay. I really didn't think it would go fast. But I forgot to change it where is says the seller would ship any where in the world. And the night I had over 20 bids from around the country! I got about 3K more than I could have around here and the buyer paid the 4K shipping. So what's next....? We bought a 28 Formula with twin 350 Magnums... It runs great.. It will run 60 but the acceleration is not even close. But I can crash thru a 4' wave and not spill my beer!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    WOW! that is a crazy story. How much did she sell for on Ebay?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information