Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 GTX NA winterize

I need a little help with this. I read alot about this on the forum but it's all about SC skis. The shop manual on page 47 says the intercooler on the NA ski is in the intake manifold and is maintenance free. Which means I cannot drain it like it's suggested on the SC skis, right? So,(1) I just pour 10 oz of antifreeze into the water outlet on the exhaust pipe which is right next to the exhaust manifold and (2) then force about 1 gallon of AT into the flush pipe via a fire extinguisher, right? I was wondering if additionally I had to force some water out before doing the AT thing.
    Also, if my intercooler is internal then I can't do the inline filter thing that was posted recently, right?

Quote Originally Posted by alrock View Post
    I need a little help with this. I read alot about this on the forum but it's all about SC skis. The shop manual on page 47 says the intercooler on the NA ski is in the intake manifold and is maintenance free. Which means I cannot drain it like it's suggested on the SC skis, right? So,(1) I just pour 10 oz of antifreeze into the water outlet on the exhaust pipe which is right next to the exhaust manifold and (2) then force about 1 gallon of AT into the flush pipe via a fire extinguisher, right? I was wondering if additionally I had to force some water out before doing the AT thing.
    Also, if my intercooler is internal then I can't do the inline filter thing that was posted recently, right?
    Please take a video of that.......

For the NA, I made sure there was no water in the bilge area, started the ski up and ran it for 10 to 15 seconds with a couple of light squeezes on the throttle to get excess water out of the exhaist manifold then threw some antifreeze into the exhaust on the j pipe. the I pulled the injectors, fogged them, reinstalled the injectors, you can also do the throttle, started it up, one throttle squeeze andshut id down and covered it.
    Its also recommended that you do an oil change.

GTX NA ski, doesn`t have an intercooler and no SC...
    naturally aspirated correct?...PR...

Thanks. I did all that other stuff but am real concerned about draining the intercooler. Does anybody else have an 07 NA GTX?

Yea, naturally aspirated. But I thought it had an intercooler. Does the sticker on the ski that says closed loop cooling system mean intercooled?

I'm heading out to the garage to read the manual

Yea, naturally aspirated. But I thought it had an intercooler. Does the sticker on the ski that says closed loop cooling system mean intercooled?
    no, closed loop is very similar to your automobile cooling system.

there is a expansion tank, a thermostat, pressure relived cap (13psi) and instead of a radiator the ride plate (thick plate under your pump) is hollow and has antifreeze circulating thru it, and acts as a heat exchanger, dissipating engine heat carried by the antifreeze coolant to the sea water as the ski sits in the water.
    running the ski on the hose to flush exhaust system does not cool engine. next time you flush for even just a few minutes, feel this plate to see how hot it gets... hope this helps...PR...

Now I'm confused. The owners manual doesn't really help, and the shop manual..... I don't know if I'm the only one that's dissappointed in that $95.00 book. The shop manual does say that the intercooler is inside the manifold and is maintenance free, but, like I said before, there's quite a bit about draining the intercooler on this forum. I know most of the postings are about SC ski's, I'm just looking for some NA help.

Thanks PR. I keep screwing up the order of this thread. The ski does have antifreeze in an expansion tank.

Thanks PR. I keep screwing up the order of this thread. The ski does have antifreeze in an expansion tank.
    Yes, that is part of your "closed loop" cooling system...

on "NA" skis you`ll have a flame arrestor screen inside the manifold that is not serviceable. I have the same flame arrestor inside my GTX SC non intercooled manifold...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information