Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrow FX HO Vs. FX HO cruiser

Just wondering if anyone knows the specific differences between these two skis. Yamaha's website does not allow you to do a side by side comparison. I like the colors that the cruiser is offered in, but don't think I like that goofy seat it comes with. I'm 6'4, and don't need my knees scrunched up.

Actually, that "goofy" seat is extremely comfortable and much better than the HO seat. The only way you're going to know if your knees crunch up or not on either one will be to sit on them. I'm only 5-11 so I don't have your problem although you're tall enough that I suspect you have height related issues regardless of the ski you're on.

Back to the original question, the ski's are identical with a few exceptions. Besides the seat, the cruiser comes with a boarding step and a few other bells and whistles that don't matter that much for the extra money they charge. If you don't need the boarding step, then just go with the HO so you can sit back further on the seat. If you go with the Cruiser, I'm sure you can trade your cruiser seat for a regular HO seat pretty easily. Of course you could always buy a regular seat too.

enjoy,

Ray

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking cruiser seat heaps better

Quote Originally Posted by Islandtime View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows the specific differences between these two skis. Yamaha's website does not allow you to do a side by side comparison. I like the colors that the cruiser is offered in, but don't think I like that goofy seat it comes with. I'm 6'4, and don't need my knees scrunched up.
    The base of the cruiser seat is no higher than the STD seat and worth it's weight in gold, once you have ridden with a cruiser seat you will never go back to the povity pack ski again,my nieghbor is 6'4 and has a cruiser and loves it, So the answer to this is iether HO or Cruiser seating will be the same on both just heaps more cumfy on the Cruiser ( speak from ecperience),

warren

I've sat on it in the showroom, and the only way for me to find comfort is for me to sit on the backrest itself. I may have found a solution. I like the colors and the extra gadgets offered on the cruiser. The dealer has offered to swap the cruiser seat for a standard seat. I think I may go for it now- I love the blue and the silver.

+1

ho seat

i just sit on the backrest, i'm 6'3" and at first it bothered me, now, don't even notice it, very comfortable seat..

I sit on the backrest when my daughter is riding in front of me. It doesn't bother the backrest nor me. To be honest, the backrest doesn't "rest my back" nor does it keep me from sliding back when needed. But the seat itself is comfortable. I haven't riden on a regular HO seat so I can't compare the two in that sense.

SeaDoocer
    Quote Originally Posted by RayinJapan View Post
    Actually, that "goofy" seat is extremely comfortable and much better than the HO seat. The only way you're going to know if your knees crunch up or not on either one will be to sit on them. I'm only 5-11 so I don't have your problem although you're tall enough that I suspect you have height related issues regardless of the ski you're on.

Back to the original question, the ski's are identical with a few exceptions. Besides the seat, the cruiser comes with a boarding step and a few other bells and whistles that don't matter that much for the extra money they charge. If you don't need the boarding step, then just go with the HO so you can sit back further on the seat. If you go with the Cruiser, I'm sure you can trade your cruiser seat for a regular HO seat pretty easily. Of course you could always buy a regular seat too.

enjoy,

Ray
    Botht the HO and Ho Cruiser come with the boarding step.

I also prefer the colors of the new FX HO (want blue) but I want the crusier seat more. I believe the crusier is the only one that comes with cleats? They are very handy! I keep my dock line tied to it. I'd going to have to take a good look at pictures of the FX HO to see how it compares to the cruiser.

SeaDoocer
    Quote Originally Posted by tbyrne View Post
    I also prefer the colors of the new FX HO (want blue) but I want the crusier seat more. I believe the crusier is the only one that comes with cleats? They are very handy! I keep my dock line tied to it. I'd going to have to take a good look at pictures of the FX HO to see how it compares to the cruiser.

Looks like the FX HO is very similear to the FX HO Cruiser except that you can see the dock cletes on the Cruiser but not on the FX HO. Gas cap on the outside on both of them.

They call that FX HO a Blue? Looks like a midnight black.!!??

would you guys say the HO and HO cruiser runs 60 mph at stock? I would say so

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information