Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Helmet cam...What one..??

Well not sure what forum to put it in so I put this thread where there is lots of view..

Who is using what for a helmet cam ?...has anyone used the ATC 2000 from Oregon scientific??

Dont want to spend a bundle but would like to capture some decent shots.

Any feed back on a good helmet cam or cam for riding would be great thanks everyone..

Jonny5

A few of my friends us that onr during races.They have good picture, havent seen any others to compare to.For the price i think its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Well not sure what forum to put it in so I put this thread where there is lots of view..

Who is using what for a helmet cam ?...has anyone used the ATC 2000 from Oregon scientific??

Dont want to spend a bundle but would like to capture some decent shots.

Any feed back on a good helmet cam or cam for riding would be great thanks everyone..

Jonny5
    i hade one and i returned it right away, poor video ...

+1
    My OS ATC was a piece of crap. It wouldn't keep the memory card in, and wouldn't keep the recording. Tried to return it. Ended up giving it away.

Buttons too small....like pushing rice into the side of a rock. 2 thumbs down.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    I had the 2000... walked around with it on while hitching up and launching the skis... quit working by the time I got them on the water... POS

Ask ou812 what he uses. I've seen some great results from Jim's video efforts.

Jeff
    Last edited by 05Limited; 11-29-2007 at 01:11 AM.

Witch one is a quality-cam then? What should I buy?
    Last edited by Trond; 01-12-2008 at 04:07 PM.

+1
    Im wondering myself what a decent cam would be for some cool recording. Water proof as well or resistant.

dont wont to spend $400 on a camera but $200-$250 is what I was wondering .....or if that is even fessible. ?????

+1
    I use a Hoyt helmet camera setup to record atv MX riding and various water activities. The resolution is fantastic! An additinal lense would be a good investment if you choose this kit. It comes with an extremely wide angle lense. Also, this isn't a stand alone unit. You'll need either a camcorder which accepts analog audio/video input or a digital media recorder that accepts the same type of inputs.

The camera housing itself is damn near indestructable and it's also waterproof (as long as the front lense protector stays sealed). I'd feel safe driving over it...seriously.

They offer a piece of GPS software bundled with the kit "GPV Lite", but it's a pain in the butt to sync your GPS data to your captured video. It'll basically show your video and include various data parameters recorded by your gps unit.

http://www.hoyttech.com/index.cfm?fu...Product_ID=279

Quote Originally Posted by RXPwildchild View Post
    I use a Hoyt helmet camera setup...this isn't a stand alone unit. You'll need either a camcorder which accepts analog audio/video input or a digital media recorder that accepts the same type of inputs...
    Ive wanted a waterproof digital helmet cam for a long time too for snow and jet skiing. It took me a while to see the advantage of a fully integrated system like the Viosport POV1. As RXPWC points out, most other helmet cam systems require a separate camcorder which means more bulk, wires, sound & water intrusion issues. But the POV1 is $800! I'm still trying to figure out if its worth it. It may be for me because of the bulk and water intrusion issues and my deep regret over not having some of my mountain and sea rides recorded in DVD fidelity. It would be great though to hear some others' opinions.

I keep hoping Mitch O will check in because he has made several outstanding PWC helmet cam videos. Im reposting one of Mitch's video links here as it remains a great inspiration in the winter months for PWCing and helmet camming!

http://helmetcameracentral.com/

http://jetski.blip.tv/file/216825?fi...Islands818.flv
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Blue 182; 11-26-2007 at 12:10 AM.

+1
    In all honesty, I've had nothing but bad luck with a full digital systems...and that also includes a hard drive style recorder paired with an analog camera. The digital and HD style recorders do NOT like hard bumps from what I've experimented with. Where as the MiniDV camcorders don't mind them much at all. After all, if you test it on a MX track and it passes, you're pretty much good to go. LOL

For the wiring, there's really not much to worry about. Granted you'll have a small bundle of wires, but it's not as bad as you would think.
    If your camcorder is LANC capable, you won't have to dig out your camera to start/stop recording. You can control yourcamcorder with the press of a single button....which is a life saver when it comes to extending battery life and editing your capture video.
    Last edited by RXPwildchild; 11-26-2007 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Making things more eye friendly....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information