Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sunk my Ski HEEELLPPP

PLEASE READ IT's A GOOD STORY AND I NEED HELP ON MY SUNK SKI.

So I went on a jetski cruise with my wife for my birthday on Saturday. Also testing out my 14/18.5. The ski ran well. I was tapped out at 8150 and running almost 68 with both my and my wife on it. It was jumping out of the water from the hole. I'm going to take 1mm out it and change to a 2 degree with the center bushing. Seemed a little hoppy with both of us on it (I tested with just me and I liked the 2.5).

Then.....

I slowed down and looked back and water was draggin all into the foot wells. I wash like o shi* then gunned it to keep it plane. I got about 100 yards and saw dirt on the left and rocks on the right. So I shot for the dirt got within 20 feet cut the engine and said JUMP. My wife was like What? and I was already in the water (65 degrees). I said get off the ski it is sinking. So she jumped in and we swam it to the shore. I pulled it up as far on the bank as I could. It was filled up with water all the way up just over the supercharger. It didn't sink in the water and seemed to be as high as the water got. I took the seats off and took off the top of my rear intake. When I looked into the rear intake tube it looked like no water was in it. That rear intake acted like a snorkel!!! With it looking like the water was pretty stable I walked to the house that was on top of the dirt hill. I talked to the man of the house and his first words where " You have come to the right place". He told me he would help me out. He used his Kabota tractor and pulled me out of the water. When the ski was draining I noticed that water was coming out from around the vacuum bulb in the back of the ski (in the picture). I pulled the intake tube off the ski and tried to start the ski. It started fine and I ran it for like 5 seconds giving it some throttle. No problems. I couldn't figure out where the water was coming in from, checked everything. Then he helps me out and drops me off at my car. I get my car/trailer and follow him to his house. He uses his tractor and raises it up and slide the trailer on it and lower it. Then I take it to the boat ramp and back it in. The water was shooting in from the hoses and around the bulbs (in picture 5375). It also came in fast so I'm thinking it had to be coming up from the carbon seal. The guy was pretty cool and spending the whole day with him we ended up becoming good friends. He showed me his wareshouse where he had his 2000 horsepower drag racing engine. He said "Want to see a real supercharger" He also built a airplane strip in his backyard for his plane. He said he was about to build a 150 dry boat dock and said I could bring my ski there. He even showed me another part of the river where they had a recreational place and said I should stop by to say hi whenever we went to the recreational place or where on the water. Good Folk!!!
    Funny thing is I got a bilge pump for my birthday that morning. Just didn't put it in.

ANYWAYS WHAT DO I DO!!

How do I check the carbon seal and why is water coming in from those tubes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_5178_136.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	3293   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_5376_651.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	3294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_5375_133.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	3295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_5355_129.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	3296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_5354_173.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	3297   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_5350_197.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	3298  

Dude your B-day was Saturday? me too! Happy B-day...

first off, bummer
    second, smokin blower motor, third, Kabota tractor, Great machine!

You have you opas removed yes?
    what exactly is leaking? seall around opas hose distribution fitting, or coming from hoses themselves?

to do: remove them hoses if you don`t have opas, install rubber cap the right size and clamp.
    according to your picture, something doesn`t look right where you have the nipple and clamp, the round part looks lower than mine, is it broken?

if so, your best bet is to remove that distribution part altogether and
    fabricate a plate, just like the smaller opas block-offs and install that, if that is where the water is coming in...PR...

Note* Bro, remove your flush adapter when riding!

The picture 5375 is the vacuum hoses that operate the OPAS. If OPAS is removed this should be plugged if you still have the OPAS this must be busted loose where it goes through hull.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    the ski was dragged across the dirt by the tractor?? check your rideplate for damage now, lol

get rid of all the OPAS hoses man.. and call PPG for the top round plate block off for the RXT splitter... the companies that make you leave the top OPAS nipple in the hull and instead clamp it with a plug are cheap cheap cheap mo fo's

+1
    Not to be a d#@k, but is that Moot Creek in the background? Again man sorry, but that tractor dragging that thing through the mulberry crop is ,,,,PRICELESS!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS
    tractor dragging that thing through the mulberry crop is
    Blueprinting?

+1
    Something tells me Kinch lined that field with JB Weld and now his ride plate holes are filled

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    LMFAO!!! ~~ not that this is a joking matter, but that's funny franko!

+1
    I was gonna say that I don`t think that JBWeld fetish is working out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS
    tractor dragging that thing through the mulberry crop is
    Blueprinting?
    Now that there is some funny chit!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information