Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RPM after 10 hr service...

went up!
    '06 RXT -- was 7960 before service, 8100 after. There may be something to the rpm being limited when new.

Overfilled with oil when purchased? Correct amount added during oil change maybe?

Re: RPM after 10 hr service...

Quote Originally Posted by GTXX
    went up!
    '06 RXT -- was 7960 before service, 8100 after. There may be something to the rpm being limited when new.
    Although the increase is minimal, and could be related to the oil level, I was refering to the very same thing earlier in another post. I was told that as the new machine, or when you install a box new replacement ecu with 2005 or 2006 specs that the rev limit will increase as you approach the 10 hour service. After the maintainence light has be shut off/re-set you will achieve max rpm limit....PR...

+1
    I bought my wife an RXP and the first thing I checked was the oil level. Of course, it was WAY too high. The dealer told me it came from the manufacturer that way. I doubt that they send the ski with a full oil tank, but you would think that between BRP and the dealers, they would get it right.

Then again, I asked the dealer guy about mods and he said there weren't many mods out because the ski is so new I should have told him to refer those questions here.

+1
    I dont think thats true because I started doing long full throttle runs at only 5 hrs and my rpm's were 8100. I now have 9 hrs and rpm's still at 8100 with a few blips to 8160 - 8180.
    [/img]

Quote Originally Posted by suckmywake
    I dont think thats true because I started doing long full throttle runs at only 5 hrs and my rpm's were 8100. I now have 9 hrs and rpm's still at 8100 with a few blips to 8160 - 8180.
    [/img]
    I can`t find enough testimony to see if it is real, but some have agreed to the rumor. Of coure I`ll know when the time comes, and go from there.

In most cases, it has been seen that the dealer has overfilled the oil in any case. Maybe GTXX will comment on wether oil was at normal level before and after, and if the maint light was on!?...I would like to hear!...PR...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by suckmywake
    [/img]
    Suck, you bought an RXP? I guess I missed that. You still a GPR guy?

The oil level was exactly the same new and after the service, right on the full mark. They know about the oil level really well. When racerrob had the 10 hr done on his RXP, it was the first one they had ever done and they overfilled it. It was running like crap and couldn't figure out why until I told him about the overfill thing. He loaded it up right then and took it back and I'm sure after he was done they will never forget!

+1
    Sorry Franko I'm not the suck your thinking of, I have never had a GPR

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    ah, i thought u were suckmywake from the yamaha forum also... ur gonna be confusing the heck out of people! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information