home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

skegs 2 sets ???

has any one ever tried to mount 2 sets of skegs on the ride plate 1 in the traditional position and 1 more forward at the edge in line with the ride plate holes ... or even possibly on the edge where the ride plate turns up about 45 deg ..just tinking too much ...i know keeping the water under the hull gives more speed

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    I know Danny has or had 3 in his plate...

humm danny fess up ....

Banned User
    +1
    Here is when I mounted them, so disregard the non-flushness of the intake grate...

They are 1/2 aluminum plate that I cut at a 45 degree angle...hand shaped the front/back...mounted with PC11 epoxy...I forgot what the overall length is, I just eye-balled it for length...I have about 45 hours on them now, after this weekend...including mudbug!

Compared to the normal skegs people use, these ones I tried to mimic a CHINE on a typical boat, which is not knife like, bit more flat...By cutting them at 45 degrees, when mounted, they present a perfect 90 degree V...

This setup gives me a very LIGHT feeling in the rear, when side-by-side comparo to same skis with same setups...I can flip the rear of the ski out just by shifting my weight, and I leave the VTS in the sweet spot all the time (except for drag-holshots)...I leave the grip in the turns to my sponsons...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3_skegg.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	46272  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Here is when I mounted them, so disregard the non-flushness of the intake grate...

They are 1/2 aluminum plate that I cut at a 45 degree angle...hand shaped the front/back...mounted with PC11 epoxy...I forgot what the overall length is, I just eye-balled it for length...I have about 45 hours on them now, after this weekend...including mudbug!

Compared to the normal skegs people use, these ones I tried to mimic a CHINE on a typical boat, which is not knife like, bit more flat...By cutting them at 45 degrees, when mounted, they present a perfect 90 degree V...

This setup gives me a very LIGHT feeling in the rear, when side-by-side comparo to same skis with same setups...I can flip the rear of the ski out just by shifting my weight, and I leave the VTS in the sweet spot all the time (except for drag-holshots)...I leave the grip in the turns to my sponsons...
    I have ridden Dannys Ski quite a few times and compaired to my ski with the GH skegs Dannys seems alot easier to move the ass end around compaired to mine..The first time I rode his ski I did a 180 without trying because i shifted to far forward taking the turn...If that were my ski with the GH skegs it would have been more difficult to do..After riding it a few more times I like the way I could move or slide the ass end around ..Dannys ski seems to FLOAT over the water compaired to mine...
    But at WOT they seem to feel the same if i have my sponsons in the up or middle position..

i assume you did pick up speed ...due to more lift... they look 2 b a little larger than the gh skegs.... i was thinking a second set ...on the edge of the ride plate even where it starts to turn up... not so much 4 lift as for side grip in fast sweepers..where the sponsons arent quite in the wat er yet

Banned User
    +1
    They are about the same width, 3/4"....I actually didn't get to test a top speed difference, I swapped props (14/19 to 15/19) at the same time of the install....

Thread Information