Thread: Rude SC

Question Rude SC

I've got a few questions about the Rude SC:
    (Own a Riva Stage II+ RXP, run it with stock ECU)
    • When buying the complete kit (Fuel Controller, Injectors, MAP) do I also need a Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator?
    • Is a different mapping from Brian required when running the Rotax Racing ECU again?
    • Do I need the 158 degree Thermostat?
    • Are there engine mods needed for a Rude setup?
    • Something else I should pay attention on?
    Thanks for your time !!
    Alex

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SCiD View Post
    • When buying the complete kit (Fuel Controller, Injectors, MAP) do I also need a Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator? No, you just use the rude controller and 50# injectors. Now, you might be able to get by with just the rising rate regulator, but i would want to see you measure the AFR to make sure.
    • Is a different mapping from Brian required when running the Rotax Racing ECU again? Yes, the mapping will be different with the RR ECU.
    • Do I need the 158 degree Thermostat?Everyone that runs in hot climates should be running the thermostat regardless of mods.
    • Are there engine mods needed for a Rude setup?None. You must do the valvetrain upgrade if you run an aftermarket ECU though.
    • Something else I should pay attention on?Feed the Rude lots of air. Riva rear air intake works wonders on the RXP.
    hope that helped!

i have a rude charger with approx 2hrs and the 50lbs injectors with rivas ecu i would let go pretty cheap!

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    How cheap?

Skillet,

Not to be minding your business but did you not like the Rude and 50's? If not please if you don't mind sharing why not. I know alot of us got our eye on the Rude so any feedback would be great. What year is your RXP?

Many thanks,
    Scottyj

I used it to race in the mark hahn 300 and the boat opened up a huge lead for the first hour, when I handed it off to my partner (jan hahn) it dropped a valve. it was scary fast and we even detuned it so it would last, for what I want a ski for the rude charger wasnt for me. I used a bone stock ski recently in a closed course race and it won against some highly modified ski's. great system... just not for me.

Thanks Jerry!

• What about ceramic bearings? Do I have to order them in your online store; or is there an option to get them directly from Brian with the Rude?
    • Has the Rude a 4" air intake?
    • And the very last question: Is there a chance of getting a new MAP without sending the fuel controller back to Brian?

+1
    The inlet on the supercharger is stock diameter--2 7/8"--and fits the same 3" diameter intake hose, coupler, or adapter.

I believe you have to send the fuel controller back to Brian for a new map.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SCiD View Post
    Thanks Jerry!
    • What about ceramic bearings? Do I have to order them in your online store; or is there an option to get them directly from Brian with the Rude?
    • Has the Rude a 4" air intake?
    • And the very last question: Is there a chance of getting a new MAP without sending the fuel controller back to Brian?
    If you place an order for a rude place and order for the ceramic bearings at the same time and leave me a note in the comments section that you want the ceramic bearings installed. I will ship a set of bearings to Nils and he will build you a charger with the ceramics. There could be a 3 week wait or longer as he builds these things in batches.

You cannot load a MAP to the fuel controller without the software and the cable. You would have to send it into Brian.

Thanks!

Thread Information