VF2's vs VF3's GPR guys imput needed

Ok guys. I have a twin pipe euro blaster ( GP 800 engine )built to the hilt with everything you can do to it. This is my back up ski for sport mod class. It currently has the very first generation M16 valves in it. It's a little sloppy on the bottom end and I am looking to up grade my reed valves. I am not a fan of the M16 valves for a few reasons, most of all - that big diversion dam in the middle. but I'm looking for some imput from you GPR guys since the engines are relative. I currenty use VF2' in all my other 62T MOD blasters but since this is an 800 (66E) engine I was wondering if any of you guys have any experence with the VF3's in the 800 twin? Keep in mind that holeshot is everything to me since I'm a closed course racer. I see alot of you guys are running the 3's in your GPR's but most of you want all out top speed from what I've read. The 3's sound like they are nice, but do they suffer on the bottom end compared to the 2's at all? Just wondering if I should stick with the 2's or try out the 3's Thanks in advance.

JAM

Joe I am sure that the VFIII will make a b ig difference in your bottom end, I did not care for the M16s either. See if there is any way to jetworks holeshot kit to yor ski and also take a look at the rear gunwhales to see if they drag when you holeshot, you may want to adapt some rear end fillers like they did for the Waveblaster I.

Fercho

ts
    Quote Originally Posted by joesuperjet View Post
    Ok guys. I have a twin pipe euro blaster ( GP 800 engine )built to the hilt with everything you can do to it. This is my back up ski for sport mod class. It currently has the very first generation M16 valves in it. It's a little sloppy on the bottom end and I am looking to up grade my reed valves. I am not a fan of the M16 valves for a few reasons, most of all - that big diversion dam in the middle. but I'm looking for some imput from you GPR guys since the engines are relative. I currenty use VF2' in all my other 62T MOD blasters but since this is an 800 (66E) engine I was wondering if any of you guys have any experence with the VF3's in the 800 twin? Keep in mind that holeshot is everything to me since I'm a closed course racer. I see alot of you guys are running the 3's in your GPR's but most of you want all out top speed from what I've read. The 3's sound like they are nice, but do they suffer on the bottom end compared to the 2's at all? Just wondering if I should stick with the 2's or try out the 3's Thanks in advance.

JAM

Joe, I received your PM and saw your post in the "OLD SCHOOL" section as well. Your 800 would actually use the new style VF3's that would be the same as the 1200PV's and the 1300's. ( except a 2 cyl adapter/spacer plate vs the 3 cyl ) We did make a few sets for the old style 1200's, 760's and the 701's which proved favorable results as well..
    For your application the VF3's include the cages, adapter plate, gaskets, and the hardware.

We have built quite a few 800's using the VF3's including a "Queen Mary" size XLT 800 that'll run in the 60's. I have no doubt that you would approve of the performance in your blaster as well. Also As Ferco said ( the pioneer of the VF3's ) Your bottom end would improve dramatically.

Some pics

JAM
    Last edited by joesuperjet; 11-27-2007 at 10:12 PM.

pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine sm.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	46364   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine sm2.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	46365  

1 more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine sm3.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	46368  

+1
    Carl/Island Racing made the spacer and VF3 setup for my xlt800, it Rocks!

Thread Information