Quick question.. ultra 150 airbox removal (for winterizing purposes)

Olrighty.... I can see that the box seems to split into two halfs.. and it is held together by a number of 10mm bolts it looks like.. how can I remove it so that I can spray fogging oil to finish off my winterization.

Thanks in advance,
    Jared

Oh yeah, just to note it is being stored in a climate controlled envirnment... so should I have to take out my sealed AGM battery? I just checked it today.. almost a month now of no riding and it is still fully charged.

Any other tips?

Take out the 2 10mm bolts that hold the fa to the exhaust chamber. Rock the fa while pulling up on it, it should pop right off. Getting those 2 halves apart is just short of impossible with it installed. Mine is winterized but im still wanting to get it out once more. Last time out I was hauling some extra weight and it ran 71.1 I want 72 The bat should be ok just throw a charger on it about once a month or so.

Well, it came off easily enough.. I was able to fully winterize the ski as well. Last few days we've had 80 degree weather, so needless to say I was up at the lake! Now, regarding getting it to fit back in snuggly.. well I couldnt' get it to fit like it was... what's the trick for re-installation?

BTW, with the many degrees cooler water, I as able to get a 68.3 last time out.. that beats my all time high speed of 67.9. I'm going to get a Solas KH-DF impeller for it this winter... I hope to be in the 68's constantly by next summer... also I'm still at a completly stock ski right now except for the beach house sponsons!

Jared

Just get it started on 1 end then wiggle it back and forth while pushing down. When the bracket lines back up on the exhaust pipe its there. Nice #s btw

I did try that... I could never get it tight like it was... but the holes did line up very good in fact it is bolted in now.. but I know if I remove the bolts I can very easily get it off with no struggle at all.

It should be fine it doesnt have to be tight. You can tighten the clamps a little if you really want it tighter. If my ski wasnt stripped down I could have gotten some rides in. Temps have gotten back into the 70s here.

I know.. I already had it waxed and polished for the winter, but 80 degrees and sunny and I couldn't resist the temptation. After sitting for a month and nothing done to it (no winterization) she fired right up on the first couple of turns... and the batter was still 100% I remember we had a low of 26 the past friday... that following monday the low was mid 60's and highs in the lower 80's amazing weather.. but enough of the winter I'm ready for constant 80's + again!

Still debating on just sending my spair stock impeller off for mod at skiworx/impros.. or just getting a NEW solas... On of the dealer guys on here and pwctoday jetskihaven says he can get me a new solas, and if I trade in my stock impellers he will credit $60 a piece for them.. so I'd end up paying just over $100 for the solas... just with my bad experience with the other solas.. I'm a little hesitant. I got a used one and remember I couldnt' get it to shim properly with the pump and actually lost some RPMS and didn't gain anything at all only cavitation! So hopefully if I get a brand new one, I won't have this problem...?

Anyway... this can happen later into the winter/spring when I'm getting the ski back into season again.

Jared

Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    It should be fine it doesnt have to be tight. You can tighten the clamps a little if you really want it tighter. If my ski wasnt stripped down I could have gotten some rides in. Temps have gotten back into the 70s here.

Thread Information