Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spening money and slowing down

Just completed my stage II Riva on a 04 rxp. Had the intercooler and 15/20 installed this weekend. My speed is no faster and my RPM's are down to 7800. I was running 73.1,73.2 witch is the same as before adding these parts. I know as the temps get hotter this summer it will only get worse. Help me out guys thats a lot of money to be spending and not make any gains.[/b]

Recheck all the hose connections to make sure they are on tight. Start the engine and put your hand by the hoses...give it a little accelleration and you will be able to tell/feel if there is any leakage.

Just double check 'everything'. Friend had the same problem and it was a lose clamp.

+1
    Don't rely on the the O ring on the stock intercooler blockoff to seal. Use some black silicone on the mating surface.

Also, make damn sure your supercharger impeller is installed properly. It could be rubbing the housing causing drag/reduced RPM's due to low boost.

If it is dragging and you continue to run it the ceramic clutch will heat up and shatter. I saw this on a customers ski over the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Also, make damn sure your supercharger impeller is installed properly. It could be rubbing the housing causing drag/reduced RPM's due to low boost.

If it is dragging and you continue to run it the ceramic clutch will heat up and shatter. I saw this on a customers ski over the weekend
    Jerry, if this is happening, will you hear any noise in the SC? Just wondering.

+1
    It depends.

An easy way to check is to pull the plumbing off going from the SC to the IC and look for gray dust in the SC.

I'll go back and check all the hoses to make sure there are no leaks. Hulk ,the supercharger impeller was done last season so I don't think that is the problem. What about the problem with the 15/20 prop pitch. That is what Riva said to run. Has anyone else had problems turning the 15/20 to 8100.

It depends.

An easy way to check is to pull the plumbing off going from the SC to the IC and look for gray dust in the SC.
    There is gray dust around the intake on my SC but I ride in salt so I figure it's from that. Sound ok?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gforce
    It depends.

There is gray dust around the intake on my SC but I ride in salt so I figure it's from that. Sound ok?
    The gray dust is from the SC impeller rubbing the housing. Some of them rub a little bit, but as long as you can maintain RPM's then its not dragging and you should be fine.

I guess we'll se after the install. I was always down a little but I was running the 14/19 with the PPG intake so.....

Either way I went with the extended. So if the SC goes.....UPGRADE

Oh and by down a little I mean it varies between 7700 and 7850.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Nick.... yea that's from the salt air and water where we live and ride. You should see what some local superchargers look like from the salt cystalizing at the intake.

one thing that will tremendously help with keeping the intake clean is installing a Catch can. with the top valve/crank breather venting into the air intake, you get a moist coating on the intake hoses and the supercharger inlet... then as the salt air goes through, the salt clings to the oil and lets the air pass through. in time it can turn into a pretty thick build up.

after you get rid of that PPG level 1 air box, you'll see that your air tract will stay much cleaner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information