Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

new mods ready to test

I have been studying the forum for a month now. Very very interesting and entertaining at times.

I bought a 2003 gtx and 2004 rxp this past season and put about 25 hours on each in stock fashion.

Both of my boats have been getting a make over the past 2 weeks and will soon be ready for the water. Just hope the weather gives me a good day to test. I studyied alot to decide what to mod based on performance and cost. My RXP mods were made in order that next year I will be very close to a Stage 3 with ecu, intercooler, valve train upgrade and nozle.
    My mods are listed below in my signiture that I just added.

Stock speeds on gps were RXP 67 and gtx 60. What should I expect my speeds to achieve now as I hope to have the RXP arround 75ish. Once i get my boats back I will test and then do free mods and test again to see the gain.

Does any one know what kind of paint to use to paint the high flow hood.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    your rxp is very similar to my ski... you will love the difference.... let me say thet again.... you will love the difference....you should pick up about 10 mph on the top and get there omg faster ...if you arnt spinning 8100 or so you need that 4 inch intake.... i picked up 200 rmp when i went to 4 inch... as i far as i know every 100 rpm equates to about 1 mph

You didn't put metal washers on the GTX?

+1
    I have been very confused on that issue with metal washers on the 03 gtx. My understanding is that in o3 the gtx did come with metal washers and that in 04 they changed to ceramic washers?

Any information on this would be appreciated.

+1
    Welcome to the forum.

+1
    I appreciate your welcome very much. I almost thought I was being ignored being from west texas. This site rocks. I have learned so much here and can not wait to get on the water.

My skis are in Dallas fiinishing up the mods. I hope to have some new gps speeds this week from the crew doing the mods and then will pick them up end of next week to bring home to test.

I do not know if I will be able to sleep until then as if its like christmas is cooming early.

Banned User
    +1
    The 03 SC is different then other years...I would retrofit the unit with 06 parts (Rotax HD shaft and metal washers)...

Banned User
    +1
    Based on what is in your signature, you must be runninn the OEM IC on the RXP...Once you swap for the external IC, you should up to 50's...Repitch that prop and hang on!!

+1
    I appreciate your welcome very much. I almost thought I was being ignored being from west texas.
    Well, I didn't hold it against You, but I sure hate driving thru there!

+1
    Danny, you are correct. Becuase of the cost of the riva ic and ecu i will have to wait for a few months to be able to have the funds for those upgrades. I just spent way more than I planed and to get to the full stage 3 I will have to spend that amount again. In regards to the injectors I new that I would need the 50,s when changing the ecu. but I wanted to go ahead with the S3 charger and in my studies here the only way to run that setup with stock ecu was to go to the 42's.

thanks for the comments

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information