African-American
    +1

help: choosing the right shell oil ?

Hi Guys this is my situation.

I have to go for a shell lubricant/oil, our company has an extremely large account with shell, so i have to use their products. Price means nothing as I wont be paying for it, itll be an incentive (free gift) from shell.

My currect setup:
    2003 GP1300R efi
    Power valves
    D-Plate (Removed Cat)

these are my options:

Shell Nautilus Marine Premium Outboard Oil (non synthetic)
    2Stroke: TC-W3 outboard Oil
    Mineral

Shell Advance Racing X
    2 stroke: extremely high performance racing oil
    fully synthetic, NO castor oil

Shell Advance ultra 2
    2 stroke: ultimate performance motocycle oil
    fully sythetic

Ive attached the product info to this, Please let me know what you would use and why.

Should i run the Shell Advance Racing X to get rid of all the nasty residues of crap oil and then move to Shell Advance ultra 2 or should i stick with one or .... ?

Thanks for the advise.
    Attached Files Attached Files

African-American
    +1
    SHELL NAUTILUS
    Two-stroke premium outboard oil

Nautilus Premium Outboard Oil is a high performance lubricant for the superior protection of all two-stroke gasoline outboard motors.

Its advanced formulation, which exceeds all outboard motor manufacturers’ standards, is a guarantee of long and reliable engine life.

Applications
    All two-stroke gasoline outboard motors with or without separate oil tanks.

Performance Specifications
    Nautilus Premium Outboard Oil exceeds the requirements of all major outboard motor manufacturers and all industry specifications.

Certified by NMMA (National Maritime Manufacturers’ Association) for service TC-W3 at the manufacturer’s recommended fuel/oil ratio (up to 100:1)

African-American
    +1
    ADVANCE RACING X
    Extremely high performance two-stroke racing oil.

Advance Racing X is a unique, fully synthetic oil for use where the highest levels of protection are required under the most extreme motorcycle racing conditions. It does not contain castor oil.

Applications
    • Recommended for world championship competition engines in Grand Prix, motorcross, road racing, kart and other 2-stroke motorcycle racing engines.

Advance Racing X is not ideally suited for ‘on-road’ use. Advance Ultra 2 or Advance VSX 2 are the preferred grades for ‘on-road’ two-stroke engines.

Advance Racing X should not be used in outboard engines. The appropriate Nautilus Oil is recommended for this application.

Performance Features• Exception ‘anti-scuffing’ properties: Protects engines from scuffing and seizure even under the most severe racing conditions.
    • Engine Cleanliness: Detergent / dispersant additives control engine deposits and maintain an excellent standard of engine cleanliness.
    • Excellent throttle response: Superb lubrication and low friction provide this essential quality for racing engines.

African-American
    +1
    ADVANCE ULTRA 2
    Ultimate performance two-stroke motorcycle oil.

Advance Ultra 2 is a unique, Shell technology, fully synthetic oil for the ultimate performance and protection of two-stroke motorcycle engines.

It is a combination of polyisobutylenes and Shell XHVI synthetic base fluids blended with proven additives to give unequalled performance in all two-stroke engines, even those subjected to the most extreme conditions.

Applications• All two-stroke motorcycle engines with oil-injection or premix system.
    • Recommended for high-performance air and water cooled two-stroke engines, including race tuned.

Advance Ultra 2 should not be used in outboard engines. The appropriate Nautilus Oil is recommended for this application.

Performance Specifications
    JASO FC
    API TC

Exceeds proposed ISO GD

Advance Ultra 2 exceeds the requirements of all major motorcycle manufacturers and all international specifications.

+1
    To me there is no decision to be made. The only one that is rated for watercraft is the outboard oil.

Thread Information