Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

catch or no catch?

weather finally cooperated and the past week logged 6 hours on the new 06' rxp! everything seems to be in good shape and runnin smooth. i just wanted to ask if the whole oil catch can is really needed? i have my stage 1 kit and finger throttle conversion ready to go in after the first oil change and while i was doin all that i was looking to see if anything else is needed.....and i am reading mixed posts on the catch can idea. do i really need it? also, what else could i do to my ski to keep it tip top shape?
    ---thnx---

Yes catch.
    The real question is whether or not to have the hose still connect to the intake so suction is still pulled on the crankcase.

Why would you need suction on the crankcase?

Actually, I disagree with needing a catch can...If you feel like you want it then great other then that just stick it back in the intake...

On my Lightning we also have 2 valve cover breathers that go into our intake tract...

The people who have removed these and put a catch can had a greater chance ( I think something like 50 people) of having some osrt of problem with their supercharger...the peole who left it how it was there was onyl 1 case where people had a problem... So that speaks for itself...Mine I stuck back into my custom intake.

+1
    You ain`t running 8g in that Lightning,,,I can guarantee that!

yeah thats true I am turning about 5800rpm with my upgraded cam...

Im a Rude guy
    Totally whats u numbers on the ligthing?and what combo?

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    Dude I haven't heard of anybody having a problem with the catch can in a Lightning (other than oil still getting by it and coating the intercooler because it's not really a true catch can but rather a seperator...)...Prior to going Turbo JL was running one in his 9.5 second Lightning. Brick and the other boys down here running highly built trucks are all running them and I haven't heard of any of them having any problems even after hundreds of track passes in high rpms...

I did mine at 30,000 miles and the IC was filthy...When I pulled the blower to have it ported at 50k it was kind of nasty again which tells me the oil sep setup in the Lightnings only work so well...I have heard several other instances of people still having their IC's get coated even with the sep installed...

But why don't you explain to me what it does to cause a issue cause I'm dying to know? Oh and hey...don't take this as me trying to squash your BS again...I've done enough of that...I just truthfully want an answer for something I've never heard of...You may actually have it for once...

I'd like to do a in-line on my RXP but trick one is figuring out how to mount it with the resevoir down and trick 2 is finding one that isn't still going to let oil past...

ooook bud I forgot you know everything!

so I will just take my info and leave it to myself....I am just going on post of people.....but I guess you know everything...again I am sorry for my lack of intelligence.

DO what ever ya want bud, OBVIOUSLY I KNOW NOTHING.

Later!

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totallyblown
    so I will just take my info and leave it to myself....I am just going on post of people.....
    Later!
    What info would that be? The imaginary stuff or the stuff you've acquired while you were running your blazing fast Lightning that you just got in january at the Ohio tracks that just happen to be closed in the winter?

And what people's posts about supercharger failures due to oil seperators?

I don't know man I'm only on those forums every single day but maybe I'm missing something?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information