Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: GP1800r????

  1. #1
    italianstallion314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    barnegat bay
    Posts
    434

    GP1800r????

    anybody thinking of a gp1800r for the future????this meaning putting a SHO engine in the GP hull???...just want some comments
    __________________________________________________ _________
    05 VX110 Sport- R&D intake grate, Riva air intake, Solas 18/24 58.8 mph(mine)
    still modding, please help me w/ what I should add next!
    RXT stock forever-67.7 mph(family)
    RXPX-soon to come and be modded(dads and mine)
    Last edited by italianstallion314; 11-29-2007 at 12:01 PM.


  2. #2
    African-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    2,226
    +1
    88
    WOW that would be insane, and a nice big turbo + intercooler would do nicely.

    Isnt it possible to bigbore a gpr engine to 1800cc ? What is the limit ?

  3. #3
    italianstallion314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    barnegat bay
    Posts
    434
    yeah nice turbo ..omg that would be so sick ahah...and im not sure if you can bigbore to 1800cc...maybe, im not sure tho
    __________________________________________________ _________
    05 VX110 Sport- R&D intake grate, Riva air intake, Solas 18/24 58.8 mph(mine)
    still modding, please help me w/ what I should add next!
    RXT stock forever-67.7 mph(family)
    RXPX-soon to come and be modded(dads and mine)

  4. #4
    fabrication guru rapidacceleration's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lake Travis austin, TX
    Posts
    1,156
    +1
    2
    with 08 being the last year of the 2 stroke gpr, i would think that yami will release a new version of the gpr with the 4stroke 1800 in it next year..

  5. #5
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Even if they do bring one. It will not be anywhere near the size of the GPR of old. Motors are getting too big. Plus the general consensus on Riva Forums says any new "2 seater" will be very close in size to the SHO's.

  6. #6
    james k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Panama City Beach,FL
    Posts
    950
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by italianstallion314 View Post
    anybody thinking of a gp1800r for the future????this meaning putting a SHO engine in the GP hull???...just want some comments
    __________________________________________________ _________
    05 VX110 Sport- R&D intake grate, Riva air intake, Solas 18/24 58.8 mph(mine)
    still modding, please help me w/ what I should add next!
    RXT stock forever-67.7 mph(family)
    RXPX-soon to come and be modded(dads and mine)
    I will check into the price of the engines when released,thought about it quite a bit.... However the simplicity of the 2 stroke is nice,there are performance limits that just does't stack up to sc and turbos...I will say if i do this conversion,it will be one of the first ones out...

  7. #7
    italianstallion314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    barnegat bay
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by james k View Post
    I will check into the price of the engines when released,thought about it quite a bit.... However the simplicity of the 2 stroke is nice,there are performance limits that just does't stack up to sc and turbos...I will say if i do this conversion,it will be one of the first ones out...
    I am not a big fan of 2 strokes ahaha..although performance is probably better...but i am not saying that they want redesign the GP for next year and put the SHO engine in it (1.8 liter 210 hp 100cc)..im saying with the hull now...not changing the size...will the sho motor fit, or CAN it be incorporated...changing the size or design of the whole ski would defeat the purpose what I am saying.

    I wonder what would win a GPRXP or a GP1800r hahah...
    Last edited by italianstallion314; 11-29-2007 at 03:49 PM.

  8. #8
    james k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Panama City Beach,FL
    Posts
    950
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by italianstallion314 View Post
    I am not a big fan of 2 strokes ahaha..although performance is probably better...but i am not saying that they want redesign the GP for next year and put the SHO engine in it (1.8 liter 210 hp 100cc)..im saying with the hull now...not changing the size...will the sho motor fit, or CAN it be incorporated...changing the size or design of the whole ski would defeat the purpose what I am saying.

    I wonder what would win a GPRXP or a GP1800r hahah...
    __________________________________________________ _________
    05 VX110 Sport- R&D intake grate, Riva air intake, Solas 18/24, R&D Rideplate 58.8 mph----next comes riva exaust kit maybeee?
    still modding, please help me w/ what I should add next!
    RXT stock forever-67.7 mph(family)
    RXPX-soon to come and be modded(dads and mine)
    Some of the guys that test rode the fx-sho said it looks as if it would fit with not much problem,however there needs to be more specifics for a conversion.. I have an 07 GP 1300 now and when the sho arrives here at the dealer i will be checking to see how much difficulty its gonna be,thankfully i have friends at the local dealer for me to spend some time with the sho..

  9. #9
    italianstallion314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    barnegat bay
    Posts
    434
    james I see that you have a 75 mph+ski...would you get rid of all that to go to the SHO engine...or would you try and get a new hull?

  10. #10
    james k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Panama City Beach,FL
    Posts
    950
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by italianstallion314 View Post
    james I see that you have a 75 mph+ski...would you get rid of all that to go to the SHO engine...or would you try and get a new hull?
    Well,my cylinders are now being ported by Lowell and i should be at 80+mph in a few weeks so to answer your question(i just don't know)if i could part from my setup...I am fuel injected and performance is really limited unless you triple pipe the boat,not that it is a bad thing but i would do a conversion with the larger displacement sho for the torque and poss of a good size turbo.. I will say this is just a thought as of now and may fade as time goes by....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gallery: RIVA Racing 2017 Yamaha GP1800R Limited Edition
    By Rustymuscle in forum The Watercraft Journal
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-22-2016, 09:58 PM
  2. Gallery: Dean’s Team Limited Edition Yamaha GP1800RS WaveRunner
    By Rustymuscle in forum The Watercraft Journal
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-22-2016, 01:14 PM
  3. Dean’s Team Teases “Race Spec” Yamaha GP1800RS Special Edition
    By Rustymuscle in forum The Watercraft Journal
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2016, 10:40 AM
  4. Gp1800r vs rxpx300 who's the winner?
    By rami_13b in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-31-2016, 06:13 PM
  5. ----- dominator gp1800r turbo-----
    By tobbe sweden in forum Conversion PWC Performance Skis
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 08-20-2012, 11:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •