+1

03 GTX mods - Question

Can a intercooler from an RXP be added to a non intercooled gtx-sc? If not, can a aftermarket ic be added? If so, do you have to mod the engine or change ecu? I am thinking that the engine specs on the 185hp are not the same as the 215hp so there might be a problem?

I read that a S3 charger can be added to the gtx-sc (non intercooled), but do you have to mod the engine, pump housing, or ecu?

Aprreicate any comments.

+1
    Either the stock RXP IC OR an aftermarket external intercooler can be added to the GTX SC skis. Pale Rider has a whole thread on it with pictures and I think a step-by-step.

The aftermarket intercooler I believe is the same install as the RXTs and RXPs except the intercooler to throttle body pipe requires different angling.

The ECU change is not necessary at all, but if you do change the ECU make sure to get the piggy back harness. Most people recommend not running too much more than 215hp on the stock GTX SC 185 pistons.

The addition of a supercharger will require no other changes except for injectors; depending on what will work in conjunction with your other mods.

+1
    appreciate your help.

I put an RXP supercharger and ECU on my 03. Because the drive gears are different this required changing the flywheel and bolts on the engine. If you go with a stock GTX s/c, get the upgrade kit so you can use the newer style steel washers. I would also recommend getting an external intercooler. Don't forget the 4" intake!

+1
    GTXSC03

When you put these mods (Rxp charger and ecu) did you also put a intercooler? What were your stock speeds compared after the mods?

This would be a good way to go when I upgrade my ecu on my rxp.

My intention was to use an RXP intake with the internal intercooler, but decided to go a different direction. I'll probably get an external intercooler in the future. Without the IC, my speed went to 67.5ish from a stock 61.5. I had unrelated engine trouble (the crank has too much endplay) and have to rebuild my engine. I'll put forged pistons to handle future boosts increases.

Thread Information