Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A few ? on a 4tec GTXSC

My 03 4-tec GTXSC has what looks like 2 waterboxes in the rear. 1 is clearly the waterbox what is the other? Is it a muffler and can it be removed along with the resonators?

+1
    yes it has two waterboxes basically, and alot of extra hoses and resonators!!!!
    you can remove almost all of it, piping directly from the 1st waterbox exit pipe directly to the thru hull exhaust exit.
    this is a very simpe and cheap way to declutter your bilge area, but most agree the sound is loud and not very pleasant. bad resonance around 3500-4000rpm.
    another alternative is to get a aftermarket waterbox "greenbox" as sold here at greenhulk, and reroute your exhaust thru it, this also requires a rear exhaust exit on the transom of teh ski.
    this is more expensive, more work, but sounds alot better, and is an even cleaner install. and also allows you to remove the SC without having to remove the exhaust first. very good design.
    third option is to chop your own waterbox and make your own "shorty" waterbox. and also exit it thru the transom. a good option if you want to save a little money. but in my opinion you dont save enough to warrant doing all teh extra waterbox fabrication.
    the only drawback to a greenbox or shorty is to run the exhaust thru the transom you also have to gut the OPAS system on your ski.
    OPAS is basically useless and actually hurts performance and slows ski down, but if you remove it for rear exhaust, then you gotta also buy a blockoff kit!!!
    the more custom work you want to do on your ski, the ore work you have to do to get it done!!!!
    ALOT of people on here have done this though...
    and i am doing it over this winter too, i ride a 2003 gtx sc!!!!!!!!!!

I am great with fabrication and have all the tools and machining equipment to make my own Opas blockoff kit I can even fabricate my own thru hull exhaust. I will need the extra room for my fiddy shot NOS bottle JK lol.
    I will be using my OPAS waterfeed line to supply my MACSBOOST intercooler. That will work wont it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gappa View Post
    I will be using my OPAS waterfeed line to supply my MACSBOOST intercooler. That will work wont it?
    yes it will. if you use the stock ID hose you could prolly run unregulated pressure, but if you step up to a 5/8 or 3/4 ID hose then you`d have to install a reducer to back down the pressure. I`m not familiar with the IC core your using , I do know that the Riva IC maxxes out at 70 psi before it goes pop...heres some pics...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 09-29-2008 at 07:08 AM.

god i hope you dont that much for that IC, i just bought one exactly the same with out the name for 80$

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Yeah, bud I've seen guys around here spending less than $200 for an XS IC and parts to mount it.

+1
    It's cheaper through A&D perf. than it is on ebay
    Anyways, guys, this kit is not worth $770, but it's worth more than $200. The bracket seems to be something like the Rotax Racing bracket, but it's hard to tell from only one picture. The larger, contoured silicone hoses are more expensive than the average aluminum pipe. Anyways, what you should focus on is clearing the back right corner so you can mount that bad boy.

No I wasn't even thinking about paying that much but if anyone knows where to find a decent one at a decent price LET ME KNOW PLEASE. I pointed to this type because it is an externally mounted version rather than an integral part of the intake plenum.
    Please point me in the right direction folks

No I wasn't even thinking about paying that much but if anyone knows where to find a decent one at a decent price LET ME KNOW PLEASE. I pointed to this type because it is an externally mounted version rather than an integral part of the intake plenum.
    Please point me in the right direction folks
    look up JfizzleJr he should be able to assist you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information