Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

yamaha 1300r vs rxp

just wondering how bad rxp will pull on 1300r I've rode a 1300r and felt stout but not enough anybody raced stock for stock

+1
    when my gpr was stock it ran 64 gps....our other ski, 05 rxp ran 68.3 stock...garmin gps at 518 ft altitude...if the water is very rough you want yamaha very good hull, calm water the xpee will walk and talk....

thaks for the info

RXP guys will tell you the RXP. GPR guys will tell you GPR.

On the 4-Tec site see this thread:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewt...&highlight=gpr

On the Yamaha side see this thread:

http://www.greenhulk.net/yamaha/view...&highlight=rxp

They are both GREAT skies. Had the GPR and now own an RXP.

+1
    Raced at Lake Anna today. 06 GPR was a solid 66. My 06 RXP a solid 69. Both were under 15 hours. Mine (rxp was under 10). I jumped the GPR from the hole shot and he never gained. I'am 225 lbs He was about 210. Temp was high 70's and the water was 65. Numbers were confirmed by GPS.

Ed

To answer your question a RXP will jump 2-3 ski lengths ahead of a GPR maybe 4. It flat out leaves a GPR sittin still. But from a rolling start the GPR has some pretty good acceleration but falls short on the top end of the RXP. Both are good skis and both have problems out of the box.

The RXP has a supercharger clutch that fails and the GPR has a catalytic converter that fails just as much. The RXP may hunt in chop or hitting boat wakes but the GPR chine walks at about 30-40mph and porpoises. Which ever one you get you are going to have to get intake grates and sponsons.

If you want fun something you will never get tired of get a stand up or a small ski something that is challenging. ( Wish they sold the X-2s here ) If you are in a pursuit for speed get either and mod them all you want. When you are tired of modding and spending money to wrench then have a small fun ski for dicking around and a big fat couch for riding and sun bathing and tubing.

I miss my X2 also Maybe I can find a pic of it to post

I have owned two of them and still kick the sand wondering why in the world I ever sold them. I used to love the way it would get up to speed and then just roll over on its side and bail you off if you were't paying attention. LOL!

I also remember how much fun it was to freestyle tricks on...ah yes...memory lane...

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hornet
    To answer your question a RXP will jump 2-3 ski lengths ahead of a GPR maybe 4. It flat out leaves a GPR sittin still. But from a rolling start the GPR has some pretty good acceleration but falls short on the top end of the RXP. Both are good skis and both have problems out of the box.

The RXP has a supercharger clutch that fails and the GPR has a catalytic converter that fails just as much. The RXP may hunt in chop or hitting boat wakes but the GPR chine walks at about 30-40mph and porpoises. Which ever one you get you are going to have to get intake grates and sponsons.

If you want fun something you will never get tired of get a stand up or a small ski something that is challenging. ( Wish they sold the X-2s here ) If you are in a pursuit for speed get either and mod them all you want. When you are tired of modding and spending money to wrench then have a small fun ski for dicking around and a big fat couch for riding and sun bathing and tubing.
    a RXP will jump 2-3 ski lengths ahead of a GPR maybe 4. Well I went against two stock rxp's and a stage 1, my stock gpr. I was the third person, the 2 stocks on my left, and the stage one on the right, on the take off all 3 rxp's got me on the take off, but that only lasted for a second. I beat all 3 skis that day, by 6tenths mile an hour. And the funny thing about it is I sat in my seat the whole time, while they were all in superman position when I krept on by. I won by about 3 lenghts. they were pissed. And the water was 35-40 degs. Bad for my ski, but good for theirs.

Oh, for those of you that don't know, I have a rxp, but still in Canada, in the mean time I'm having fun with this stock ski.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information