Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    08 on the way from Kawasaki

    08 Ultra on the way.
    Just finalized a deal that has an 08 Ultra on the way to me. We will pulling the motor out and doing a tear down to the crank. Thats right a brand new 08 and doing a complete tear down to the crank. No break in or anything. Ill also be keeping my 07 and doing a long block in it.

    Nutz right.

    The Project is going to a new level. Ive been real quiet because Ive been working on a few things with my boat and others boats. "Traveling" Some new stuff coming early that will be available before the season next year. R&D has been extremely helpful and has some brand new stuff coming that will help get this monster running. Next summer is a goal of 74mph, my personal goal is 78mph on a new lightweight hull running pump gas.


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    08 Ultra on the way.
    Just finalized a deal that has an 08 Ultra on the way to me. We will pulling the motor out and doing a tear down to the crank. Thats right a brand new 08 and doing a complete tear down to the crank. No break in or anything. Ill also be keeping my 07 and doing a long block in it.

    Nutz right.

    The Project is going to a new level. Ive been real quiet because Ive been working on a few things with my boat and others boats. "Traveling" Some new stuff coming early that will be available before the season next year. R&D has been extremely helpful and has some brand new stuff coming that will help get this monster running. Next summer is a goal of 74mph, my personal goal is 78mph on a new lightweight hull running pump gas.
    Skip, why are you going to tear down the brand new engine . . . are you looking for something suspect?

  3. #3
    You will soon find out mister Belton.

    You, So Cal Offshore and Flyin Brian will be extremely pleased. I'm looking into building two Ultra's now. One specializing in offshore endurance racing as the stock hull was designed for and one close coarse high bred hull boat.

    My goal is to be World known as the Ultra Guru. Am I close yet?. lol
    Last edited by Skips313; 12-01-2007 at 04:43 PM.

  4. #4
    hilomikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hilo Hawaii
    Posts
    482
    Skip I look at your info on the ski and think you are a GURU.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    You will soon find out mister Belton.

    You, So Cal Offshore and Flyin Brian will be extremely pleased. I'm looking into building two Ultra's now. One specializing in offshore endurance racing as the stock hull was designed for and one close coarse high bred hull boat.

    My goal is to be World known as the Ultra Guru. Am I close yet?. lol
    I watch and wait with great anticipation . . . if you ain't the guru then nobody is!

  6. #6
    Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern CA Coast
    Posts
    1,616
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    08 Ultra on the way.
    Just finalized a deal that has an 08 Ultra on the way to me. We will pulling the motor out and doing a tear down to the crank. Thats right a brand new 08 and doing a complete tear down to the crank. No break in or anything. Ill also be keeping my 07 and doing a long block in it.

    Nutz right.

    The Project is going to a new level. Ive been real quiet because Ive been working on a few things with my boat and others boats. "Traveling" Some new stuff coming early that will be available before the season next year. R&D has been extremely helpful and has some brand new stuff coming that will help get this monster running. Next summer is a goal of 74mph, my personal goal is 78mph on a new lightweight hull running pump gas.
    Not trying to piss anyone off here, (really), but these posts are very similar to what some have not liked about what has been posted regarding GIO. The similarities are deafening.

    Sounds really smokin hot, whatever it is. Best of success.
    Last edited by Skips313; 12-04-2007 at 08:29 PM.

  7. #7
    Not sure what your talking about. Please explain yourself.

    My post has nothing to do with GIO. Mine is in referance to performance that is now being tested and will soon be put to the open water.

    Telling the world exactly what it is would be premature. Till the real world testing is done then it wont help anyone. I do wanna share what we are up to but giving the secret recipe at this time is not going to help anyone.

    Dyno tests show great results but that dont mean anything untill you put the power to the hull. Its this real world testing that tells the final results. Since we have only gotten numbers from a motor on a jig and not in the craft then I dont know if it will be totally worth a rebiuld.


    Im confused so, explain the simularities to the GIO issue with this thread.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by snapper455 View Post
    The seadoos are not going to have a prayer. The 250 motor and the 15f motor are 2 completly different animals we are finding out.
    To say they don't have a prayer I think is going to far. If we see LB2CAT conditions next year (like we had this year). It is going to take about 350 hp to keep up with those guys. And there are some excellent SD tuners out there that know how to build some pretty good SD's. Well, it will be interesting! jb
    Last edited by Skips313; 12-04-2007 at 08:30 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    To say they don't have a prayer I think is going to far. If we see LB2CAT conditions next year (like we had this year). It is going to take about 350 hp to keep up with those guys. And there are some excellent SD tuners out there that know how to build some pretty good SD's. Well, it will be interesting! jb


    lol thats Bobby for ya. Gotta love his devotion to his Ultra's.

  10. #10
    R5 Water-X Racing Promoter PowerShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    620
    +1
    2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Installed Riva Power Filter...I'm on the way
    By lafjax in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-25-2006, 09:20 PM
  2. Stange sighting on the way to work..
    By boataddict in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 07:03 AM
  3. My motor is on the way back from Lowell!
    By VOODOO in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 08:54 AM
  4. What should I do to my hull? Pics on the way!
    By ccassone in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-15-2006, 07:00 PM
  5. The reflashed ECU's are on the way back!
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 04:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •