Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1

Beautiful Weather Today

You thought the Costal Guys might enjoy some pixs of the nice weather we're getting here today.
    I had to go out and pour Hot Water over the Direct TV Dish to melt the ice on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43600010.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	588.3 KB 
ID:	46741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43600011.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	506.0 KB 
ID:	46742  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

Arrow Wetass

Even the areas that usually have OK winter weather, sometimes get walloped...

and;

"What the hell is a Wetass?
    A few years ago, while sailing through the Caribbean, I was sitting in an inflatable dinghy slapping across the chop toward the boat, when the following announcement popped from my mouth: "Oh man, my ass is wet." "Yeah, mine is too," came a chorus of three. When you are aboard a sailboat almost anything can set off the most detailed, thoughtful, unpredictable and mostly irrelevant philosophical enquiries, especially when good rum costs about $1.50 a bottle and native weed comes by the handful in brown paper bags. And so it was that wet asses, their frequency, their virtues, their cosmic meaning, became the subject of a three day running dialogue--the source of much mirth--aboard a 35-foot sloop. Underlying the conversation was one simple insight: if you are a person whose ass is frequently wet, a person who frequently thinks or says "Oh man, my ass is wet," then you are probably outside a lot, engaged in challenging, intense, asswetting adventures. In other words, having a wet ass, despite the discomfort, means you are having a hell of a time. And if you are not willing to get your ass wet every once in a while, you are probably not living hard enough, getting out there enough, or having enough fun. A profound dichotomy was born. WetAss: good. DryAss: bad. Suddenly these labels, thanks to their simplicity, the fact they include the word ASS, which is obviously fun to say, and the fact that they divide all of humanity into two clearly defined groups, were incorporated into our language, our outlook and our way of interpreting the world. ..for people who are devoted to getting out there and having fun....even if there is a chance that their asses might just get wet."

Name:	IceStormCar.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	46743  

+1
    Yup looks like it is coming our way... All the way from Colorado..
    And I have to go clean it up...
    Another 24+ hr. shift on its way...

www.springbreak-florida.com rgard32's Avatar

FORECAST for Sunday, 99% chance of riding lol

Name:	7DAY.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	46761  
    Last edited by rgard32; 12-01-2007 at 06:58 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Even the areas that usually have OK winter weather, sometimes get walloped...

and;

"What the hell is a Wetass?
    A few years ago, while sailing through the Caribbean, I was sitting in an inflatable dinghy slapping across the chop toward the boat, when the following announcement popped from my mouth: "Oh man, my ass is wet." "Yeah, mine is too," came a chorus of three. When you are aboard a sailboat almost anything can set off the most detailed, thoughtful, unpredictable and mostly irrelevant philosophical enquiries, especially when good rum costs about $1.50 a bottle and native weed comes by the handful in brown paper bags. And so it was that wet asses, their frequency, their virtues, their cosmic meaning, became the subject of a three day running dialogue--the source of much mirth--aboard a 35-foot sloop. Underlying the conversation was one simple insight: if you are a person whose ass is frequently wet, a person who frequently thinks or says "Oh man, my ass is wet," then you are probably outside a lot, engaged in challenging, intense, asswetting adventures. In other words, having a wet ass, despite the discomfort, means you are having a hell of a time. And if you are not willing to get your ass wet every once in a while, you are probably not living hard enough, getting out there enough, or having enough fun. A profound dichotomy was born. WetAss: good. DryAss: bad. Suddenly these labels, thanks to their simplicity, the fact they include the word ASS, which is obviously fun to say, and the fact that they divide all of humanity into two clearly defined groups, were incorporated into our language, our outlook and our way of interpreting the world. ..for people who are devoted to getting out there and having fun....even if there is a chance that their asses might just get wet."
    That's funny...and sad.
    QUADN' tomorrow, sun is shining.

+1

Satellite dish

Keddano, I used to work for DISH and we heard (never tried) that PAM cooking spray will keep ice from formiing on the dish, also heard that RAINX will keep ice from sticking to satellite dishes

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by seaobin View Post
    Keddano, I used to work for DISH and we heard (never tried) that PAM cooking spray will keep ice from formiing on the dish, also heard that RAINX will keep ice from sticking to satellite dishes
    I would expect that any spray that leaves a weather resistant non-stick film would work.

A Teflon product perhaps, if it will dry and leave the teflon in place as a film.

If you can get the dish dry, and the weather to cooperate for a day or three, BoeShield T-9 does leave a dry (eventually) waxy film, so that should do the trick.

I have not yet used Fuid Film, so I can't comment on how that might work.

The Pam cooking oil spray idea also works on snow shovels, and other winter gear that the southern folks might not be familiar with

The trick for the satellite dish non-stick product is to find something that doesn't stop working before the winter is over.

+1
    We dont get a lot of snow here in NC

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The Pam cooking oil spray idea also works on snow shovels, and other winter gear that the southern folks might not be familiar with

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    I was thinking about trying Rain-X,But we don't get Ice storms all that much. Not really a big deal,I really just wanted to see how many SunnyBoys would Gloat about us Real Men that aren't afraid of a little Cold weather.
    See some showed up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information