Oil pump adjustment?

I have set up my oil pump on Virage TX as per the manual, line up the two lines, but it blows smoke, not that much but some, should I back it off a little?

I adjust my pumps by taking them off, throwing them over the hill. and then premixing. Works perfect every time.

I would prefer not to run premix, I did before when I was awaiting a new oil pump cable & found it smokey too..

+1
    As per you have done it .Make sure you have bled it properly ,Make sure you start with new cable and keep an eye on the inner especially at the carb end .The bend there causes it ti fray and when it brakes it sits at idle cause it has frayed and won't pull through .Then there isn't enough oil yadda yadda .Did you seal up around the plate?it can suck air from there .The coupler if stuffed will have signs of slipping near the out put usually a bit of rubber here and there .Are the clamps tight on the through hull seal ?Did you put the o ring in the through hull body ?have you greased it ?

Cheers

Bernie

Hey Bernie, great to hear from you!

I will go bleed the oil system now, doesnt look like any air in the lines though.

It is a brand new cable now just fitted, but I will keep an eye on it.

Seal up around what plate? The ride plate? yes I did.

I will have a look at the coupling for signs of rubber, I just thought it would have not hooked up again, but I rode it for a day & it made that sound every time I took off, but always hoked up once back on the plane? I thought if it was the coupling it would not do that..

I was wondering if it could be sucking air as when it makes that sound, the nose is in the air taking off, whe it gets on the plane the nose has fallen back down.

It also looses power when the sound is there, just like a car with a slipping clutch?

The hull through fitting is new & tight, but I dont know what O ring our talking about?

Thanks for the help!

A rich fuel mixture will make more smoke than a rich oil pump setting will. What are you running for oil? I run cheap stuff, and premix it, and have very little smoke...but when the carbs are fat on the low end and in the mid, it will smoke like a freight train.

Thread Information