rxp center of gravity

Was wondering if any of you guys knew where the center of gravity on the rxp hull was with the motor out? I am really interested at the relationship between center of gravity and the distance to the intake grate.

How about any of the seadoo hulls? Has anyone ever tried shifting the weight around like moveing the motor forward or backwards? If so can you tell me how the planeing angle changes?
    Are these questions ludicrous?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog800 View Post
    How about any of the seadoo hulls? Has anyone ever tried shifting the weight around like moveing the motor forward or backwards? If so can you tell me how the planeing angle changes?
    Are these questions ludicrous?
    i think there ludicrous, seadoo would of put the motor were it needed to be, at the moment mines on a 200lr barrel, its mods as of now, are 4x 200watt flosesant tubes,
    1x parrafin space heater,
    14.5 volt cordless, with honeing tool in chuck,
    guys who keep pestering me to go to the pub,
    and a nice bright torch to look at my internals, sorry i had to get that in, regards bill

Thanks for you intelligent response. If seadoo does things the way they are supposed to be... then explain why brand new sc seadoos cant make it to the first 100 hrs without a major repair.
    As far as that goes.....have a look at your mods. I guess you didnt like the way seadoo did those either.

next.

Im really trying to get a better mental picture of how much weight is being kept infront of the intake. I have been thinking that the reason that the intake is slighly behind center mass is to keep it completely in the water at all times....yet at speeds, when the boat plains out, the weight mass is lifted out of the water by the chines in the hull. By shifting our weight to the back of the ski(superman), we are changing the center of gravity back closer to the intake grate. Two opposing weights (motor and rider)riding a wave of water, balanceing the boat so that the ride angle keeps the pump at a perfect angle of effecience(straight).
    This is why more angle of the ride plate allows for more rocking back of the boat.
    In theory the longer the boat(what the water see's) after the center mass, the flater it will ride in the water. The shorter the boat, the more angle the boat will take.
    Now haveing said all that, my point was to say that i think the correct angle for the boat to be in is where the pump is basicly parrallel to the waters surface just below the water line. Making the axil flow pump its most effecient.

Thread Information