Pro 785 left hand bog

I've done a fair bit of reading re left hand bog, but obviously not enough,,,I'm stumped...
    it's developed the last month and I'd like to fix it for the last race of the season this weekend.
    boat is stock,,as far as I know, compression is 150psi exactly on each cylinder,,, plug burns are beautiful
    things I've tried, so far
    had the carbs off & stripped last week, tiny bit of dirt in filters, return line restrictor was fully blocked
    read about left hand bog = rich & right hand bog = lean & I've adjusted and played with the high speeds but to no effect
    turned stinger water completely off... no effect
    the pop-off pressure I'm told was checked/set-up prior to my purchase
    what other stuff do i need to check / eliminate

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazz67 View Post
    I've done a fair bit of reading re left hand bog, but obviously not enough,,,I'm stumped...
    it's developed the last month and I'd like to fix it for the last race of the season this weekend.
    boat is stock,,as far as I know, compression is 150psi exactly on each cylinder,,, plug burns are beautiful
    things I've tried, so far
    had the carbs off & stripped last week, tiny bit of dirt in filters, return line restrictor was fully blocked
    read about left hand bog = rich & right hand bog = lean & I've adjusted and played with the high speeds but to no effect
    turned stinger water completely off... no effect
    the pop-off pressure I'm told was checked/set-up prior to my purchase
    what other stuff do i need to check / eliminate
    Funny, I was just talking to Randy minutes ago about a project boat I'm tuning and right is lean-left is rich IF the diaghrams are in (towards engine).
    The centrifical force pushes fuel into the jets creating the rich condition.
    I've installed high entry blocks to rid the lean condition when bogging to the right.
    I guess I've never been able to hang a left hander hard enough to get the rich condition.
    I know I didn't help you any but it helped me get it straight before I head back to the water.

Don't the Pros set the carbs different orientation than the regular fuji's?
    I know my triple 1200 yami set them sideways so they don't bog but Honestly if you didn't used to have a bog something has degraded! I would be going through carbs and checking pop off and if you found crap in the return restrictor then something is deteriorating !

Wankel till I die!! jonjonwells's Avatar
    Most fugis are setup with the diaphrams towards the right of the ski. The pro's are towards the left. You will still get the same symtoms, they will just be reversed. Polaris did try to aliveate this problem by tilting the carbs a little, but who knows how effective this really is.

Thread Information