Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riva Rear Exhaust Kit

Putting in a rear exhaust kit on my RXT. Bought it from Greenhulk. Not too impressed with RIVA. Used the supplied template & guess what? The bolt holes don't line up with the retainer ring. I did a double check with the gasket & the template is 1/4" too small. After a little rework, I started putting it together and they sent M6 bolts & the retainer plate has 1/4-20 threads. I can't wait to install more RIVA products.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    riva stuff is usually ok the alignment of the hole is important but doesnt need to be withing 1 mm or anything ..there was a thread a couple of weeks agot in the through hull you will find info there

yeah I didnt use the template other than to drill the pilot hole for the large hole. After that the template served as a mat for the tube of silicone.
    The small holes were eyed and my right eye was 100% on, my left eyes was slightly off. In other words 3 of the 4 holes were right on, 1 needed a little tweaking.

I think the template is sufficient. The problem may stem the hull is at a slight angle and as good do it yourselfers we drill straight and level. that slight angle is what perhaps throws off the screws from being perfect

Riva=Cheaply made and very expensive. I wish there was more "bigger" aftermarket companies to compete so we could see better quality and cheaper products. . .IMO

Jay

+1
    why cant somebody, make a guide for drilling the main exhaust hole using a compass and a ruler??
    draw a line down using the Ubolt tie down as a guide.
    then draw an arc using a compass _____ inches wide from the bolt on the drain...
    or something like that, theres got to be a way to triangulate the center of that hole without tracing a cheesy paper template.
    Last edited by lextoy; 12-04-2007 at 03:07 AM.

RIVA rear exhaust

I should have known better than to trust the template. I read the thread the other day before I started this. I checked the template with the gasket after I did it, & the template was just too small. If i had to do it again I'd just use the template to locate for the big hole. After it is drilled & I know the tube will fit through it, I'd line up the mounting plate & drill the mounting holes with the plate & a 1/8" drill bit, then step it up. Also using a drill guide is a good idea. I'll use the rest of the instructions for the mat & silicone. I'll go through the OPAS hole when I do the clamps. On the RXT it sure is a long reach to the inside of the ski. Ace Hardware fixed the bolt problem & the Roto zip took care of the hole problem. Silicone will fix the rest. Maybe when I'm done, I'll put together another tread on how to do it. Thanks guys

+1
    I only used the template for drilling the large hole, the tip served as the template for the smaller holes.

My take on riva.
    Expensive, they have awesome ideas but the end product may not be as good as they could be.

But on the other hand I applaud Riva for making these parts giving the average joe the instructions an opportunity to modify a jetski.

+1
    I don't agree at all with the Riva stuff being expensive with the exception of the intercooler kits.

Priced Rotax Racing parts lately?

Riva ECU $900 (with the discount i give)
    Rotax Racing $1600+ (the price just went up )

Look at their rear exhaust kit. $249 and includes a mandrel bent powder coated aluminum pipe, billet anodized exhaust tip, couplers and clamps. Try making that yourself for less than $250

Rear air intake for RXP at $399. Includes molded air horn, billet air intake inlet that is power coated and includes flow rite material, includes 2 flow rites, supercharger adaptor coupler, catch can, aluminum regulator mount bracket, etc. When you consider piecing it together yourself its a bargain plus it doesn't look home made.

I could go on and on, but i personally find the quality of the Riva products top notch.

Jerry I apologize.
    I think they are expensive but my statement probably should have been explained, and as is, could be way off base. I won't argue with that.
    My feelings are Riva is expensive but I also realize Riva has to invest a lot of time, money and resources to make these items. In another thread you mentioned that designing a grate is quite costly.

I also feel a postal stamp is expensive but buy them by the roll.
    you know I have spent a decent amount of money at the 4-tec store, most recent taking delivery of the the Riva grate.

I also think shimano deore components are disgustingly expensive but I have them.
    I think paying $175 for 1 hockey stick is freaking nuts, have 3.
    Paying $400 for skate wow, 2 pair
    Gloves $160 yep outrageous but have them.
    Klipsch RB-75 and RC-7 and svs subwoofer 7.1 surround sick but have it.

Like I said in the other post if Riva sold their stuff at half price some would still think it is still too expensive. (including myself) Free would be good but I would probably still find something to complain about

Those intercoolers are crazy (to me). dont have one of those.

Riva change the finger throttle cover, please....
    By the way PPG and Pirahna are the same or more fo rmany of the same products
    Last edited by bruinsrme; 12-04-2007 at 10:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information