Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Another Idea....

If you extended the venturi of the RXT would it help steering. I was thinking of using a ring the same size as the venturi and yes jb welding it to give the venturi an extra inch. I'm looking at helping steering within the 20-30mph range.
    I'm not sure if the JB Weld will hold but if it helps steering I wouldn't mind making it permanent.

Did you know JB Weld was made in Sulpher Springs, TX? THat's about an hour and a half from me, which would be 3-4 hours from Memphis. You should ask to take a tour of the plant. I think you fund one of the esec's payroll.

+1

Re: Another Idea....

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    If you extended the venturi of the RXT would it help steering. I was thinking of using a ring the same size as the venturi and yes jb welding it to give the venturi an extra inch. I'm looking at helping steering within the 20-30mph range.
    I'm not sure if the JB Weld will hold but if it helps steering I wouldn't mind making it permanent.

Your crazy, but I bet it would help as this is what my 96xp R&D nozzle did. They were 2-3 inches longer.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    is that the venturi nozzle being longer.... or the steering nozzle being longer?

+1
    A longer steering nozzle? You mean like this?

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=347

WOW, you can actually buy one already done up without the cheezy JB weld messing your ski's looks up

I'd buy it if I knew it worked for the RXT.
    I've asked twice but no answer.

Shibby, I mean the steering venturi.
    I bet I could get a ring with the same ID as the OD of the tip of the steering venturi. Then extend it until I like the feel.

I like the R&D one but I'm not sure if it would be compatible with the RXT being it would need the bushing slot. Maybe the R&D nozzle would just make it straight like with the bushing flipped.

Anyone know if this works well for the RXT

R&D GTX/RXT Auto Trim Steering Nozzle Kit Part Number 163-95003
    The R&D Racing Products Sea Doo Auto Trim Steering Nozzle Kit offers a fully adjustable automatic trim system to allow the rider to adjust settings to their riding style. The Auto Trim automatically drops to a rider preferred 2 to 8 degrees allowing you to carve perfect turns every time. The Auto Trim is a welcomed addition for any high performance recreational or closed course racer. The precision cast aluminum pro series steering nozzle is reshaped and resized to offer reduced jet pump cavitation during turns.

+1
    it'll work.... it's on my list of things to buy one of these days. valves and a carbon fiber seat are ahead of the steering nozzle tho

forget the auto-drop trim nozzle contraption. we have 3-seaters, not closed course racing RXPs... i want the steering nozzle, not that auto-trim thing

I think I'm going to play with extending mine 15mm like it does.

Then I might get one of these
    http://www.cobrajetsteering.com/

It has been posted before but the videos look good. Also says it improves holeshot for a GTX and it makes since
    http://www.cobrajetsteering.com/FAQ/FAQ.php#11

only 130

+1
    i know someone local with the cobra jet steering thing.... don't bother wasting your money in my opinoin.

Skegs are going to be far superior

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information