+1

1350 motor origanal post ???

the motor was suppose to be exactly like the origanal one .he didn't want the new and improved model .that he was sent the pics show the differences in the porting .
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31204

Sounds to me like Sharp's were willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to help him out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    the motor was suppose to be exactly like the origanal one .he didn't want the new and improved model .that he was sent the pics show the differences in the porting .
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31204
    Bob,
    With this post, I mean no offense, so I hope you don't take it that way. Honestly. You know that you and I have always had a good relationship.

It seems as though the last couple of days you've almost made hammering on the Sharps a sort of "mission" that you're on. You seem to be pounding the living daylights out of the them. Why is this? It seems to be very upsetting to you that other people are speaking out, when in your opinion they shouldn't, but isn't everything you're saying based on information coming from others as well?
    You refer us all to the original post and claim that he wanted the same exact engine built as the original. Since when can't an engine builder take a slightly different path to get to the same place if the end result is the same? Read the post again and see what was written by the owner himself. The same boat, same prop and the same rpm's were achieved as the original, which is what was expected and delivered. The engine side of the equation seemed to be performing as it should have been. You've been speaking of junk cases, (<<<you're not getting the whole story here) junk parts, out of index cranks, but where is this coming from? Are the builders of the new engine making these claims againt the previous builders? I'll have to think that it is, as you stated that when the guys at Bikeman went to rebuild it, that is what they found, so I guess this information is straight from Bikeman? (Eric) For an engine with an out of index crank as you say, the wash pattern seemed to be coming along nicely, and it seemed to be pulling the R's. You made mention of a welded crank not being able to come out of index when that just isn't the case. If a welded crank is subjected to a hydrolock, lockup or something serious enough, it can indeed be "knocked out".
    In an extremely unfortunate set of circumstances, the water line feeding the cylinder came off. That definitely sucks and can happen to anyone at anytime, and again, it sucks. But look at the pics and keep in mind that not only was that cylinder not getting cooling, but until the problem is noticed and the engine is shut down, you have a 3/8" cooling line blowing water in the engine compartment at full pump pressure, all while the engine is gulping in whatever it can get at 7,400-7,450 rpm.
    Again, not necessarily anyone's fault, but it was subjected to one heck of an overheat situation. My only point being that a lot of things can and could have happened.
    I hesitated about posting this Bob, but I just wanted to get a feel for where your distaste for these guys is coming from, as well as your knowledge of the "junk" motor that was built. Unless told otherwise, I'll have to think that Bikeman told you this personally.

Again Bob... nothing personal. Just some observations and conversation... honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by axgrider73 View Post
    Sounds to me like Sharp's were willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to help him out.
    Boy, judging by the Sharps last post, it would sure seem so.
    Last edited by CrazyA; 12-06-2007 at 07:38 AM.

+1
    oh i agree Sharps was trying to help out, but buy this time things got out of control between the customer and builder .they built it a different way i agree but thats not what he wanted . he wanted the same excact set up that was in the boat originally and he didn't get it . the top speed was down at least 10 mph why was that . there was something wrong somewhere could it have been fixed maybe but the motor let go before it got to that point .it's a bad situation all the way around and should have not been brought out to the public but 4STROKEPOLARISTECH JAY had to open his big mouth .THE BOTTOM LINE IS HE DID NOT STEAL THE MOTOR HE IS SELLING WITH THE BOAT . I never once seem SHARP'S come on here and blast him but for some reason big mouth Jay had too and it wasn't cool at all . so i thought i'd bring the other side of the story out also theres two sides of it and the truth lies somewhere in the middle . and i don't take any offense Art at all i just want people to see the whole story not just half .

The reason the Sharps did not post anything is they do not feel right talking smack about people even if the guy is a loser. That is just not in their nature.
    Jay did because Ritch is his fellow caveman brother and they have a good relationship. As well as the many other repair shops out there that use the Sharps.
    Custom motors can have there Quirks, even Bikeman has a problem with their motors. And if you ask them what there warranty is they will also tell you if you damage it they will work with you but its not going to be a FREBEE. This is not a moster garage show. FREEEEEEBEEEE.
    Last edited by 4stroker; 12-06-2007 at 09:56 AM.

+1
    This has been gone over before and it obvioulsy needs to be left for the two parties involved. If they don't want to comment on it, why should we??
    If anybody sees a reason to keep this open let me know.

Thread Information