Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 12-06-2007 at 06:59 PM.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    I do recall seeing these available for motorcycles a few years back.

Judging from their own front page a 20% increase in HP isn't much a typical cetrifigal SC nets a 50% increase in HP on most stock motors.

Banned User
    +1
    question is, will the intake volume requirements surpass the volume being pushed by unit?

I mean are these things providing noticible gains? C'mon, 1psi of boost??? According to Gale Banks of Banks engineering, 1psi (unheated) only provides a 7% increase in power.

These seem like a joke to me, but I first heard of them today. Maybe I'm wrong. Only $99???

Apparently you can turn these things on and off when you want also. Anyone on here using one on their car or know/heard of anyone running one?
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 12-06-2007 at 07:03 PM.

These things are a joke and won't work. The motor will suck more air than those fans can push.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    These things are a joke and won't work. The motor will suck more air than those fans can push.
    That's was my initial thought, a joke.

Story goes....friend is working on his '97 Grand Prix GT and buying some performance parts for it and is on a budget. Comes up to me and thinks this blower is going to be the sh*t. As soon as he told me it is supposed to provide a 20-30HP gain at only 1psi of boost, and at a cost of only $100 I told him he was full of it. I just can't give a solid explanation as to why. I'm around forced induction on here everyday and I know we don't see those kind of gains from only that much boost and especially that price. I do know that you gain a 7% increase in power for every psi of boost you add unheated, so in this case that's exactly a 7% power increase. No way that works out to 20-30HP. And like you said Chris...I bet that fan will restrict airflow more than anything. Especially when it's not running. I've never heard of anyone running these. If anyone knows of someone running one with success let me know please.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post

Story goes....friend is working on his '97 Grand Prix GT and buying some performance parts for it and is on a budget. Comes up to me and thinks this blower is going to be the sh*t. As soon as he told me it is supposed to provide a 20-30HP gain at only 1psi of boost, and at a cost of only $100 I told him he was full of it. I just can't give a solid explanation as to why. I'm around forced induction on here everyday and I know we don't see those kind of gains from only that much boost and especially that price. I do know that you gain a 7% increase in power for every psi of boost you add unheated, so in this case that's exactly a 7% power increase. No way that works out to 20-30HP. And like you said Chris...I bet that fan will restrict airflow more than anything. Especially when it's not running. I've never heard of anyone running these. If anyone knows of someone running one with success let me know please.
    Basically tell him this. Do you really think a glorified computer cooling fan is moving as much air a 3.8 liters a GM steal at 6000 rpms.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post

Tell him to get a different car. I have a 3800 Firebird and im all about modding stuff but doing anything to this engine is just a waste of time and money. Tell him to save his money build up it up and get a LS1 theyll be getting cheaper and cheaper with the new camaros on the way...

+1
    The thing to be concerned about is CFM, chances are u would see no boost unless this thing can put out over 800-1000 cfm for a small v-8. Tell your buddy to just ram-air the thing. 1-2 psi of boost at 100mph if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    The thing to be concerned about is CFM, chances are u would see no boost unless this thing can put out over 800-1000 cfm for a small v-8. Tell your buddy to just ram-air the thing. 1-2 psi of boost at 100mph if done right.
    The one he showed me is not one of the links I posted. It spins ovre 27,000 RPM, produces over 800 cfm, 1psi of boost all the time (doesn't need to spool up), and a claimed 20-30% increase in HP. I'll see if I can get the link from him again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information