Black Plastic Trim Gas Stains Removal

Maybe this will work for you if you have experienced this problem. If you have an 07-08 GTX with that black plastic trim under the gas filler and any gas gets on it, it does stain. Last August with my new machine at the marina for first fillup, the idiot pumping gas nailed it before I could stop him. (I was distracted by a redhead in an orange bikini). Tried everything, washing, wax, cleaners and nothing worked #%^[email protected]*&. When I was winterizing my ski, I saw the 303 protectant on the garage shelf. I use it on all the rubber and vinyl in my wife`s Miata and figured i would try it on the stains. IT WORKED!!! Hopefully they are still gone when I take the cover off in the Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by petegent8 View Post
    Maybe this will work for you if you have experienced this problem. If you have an 07-08 GTX with that black plastic trim under the gas filler and any gas gets on it, it does stain. Last August with my new machine at the marina for first fillup, the idiot pumping gas nailed it before I could stop him. (I was distracted by a redhead in an orange bikini). Tried everything, washing, wax, cleaners and nothing worked #%^[email protected]*&. When I was winterizing my ski, I saw the 303 protectant on the garage shelf. I use it on all the rubber and vinyl in my wife`s Miata and figured i would try it on the stains. IT WORKED!!! Hopefully they are still gone when I take the cover off in the Spring.
    can you please post the picture of the Red Head wearing the Orange Bikini...........PLEASE ...preetty PLEASE?What kind of "MOD" does she have.....RUDE Double D's Superchargers, Victoria's Secret mapable ICU to 90MPH? maybe a pink wheel charger and Turbo Thong with 60 pound silicone injectors??????....and how is her "BOX".....I mean waterbox? has it been modded out, shave and polished insde and out????.is her "Baffle" still there?...God, I need a cigarret!!......PLEASE Tell..........
    Last edited by Jammer 1; 12-07-2007 at 02:00 AM.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    nice

Wink Wish I Knew!

Jammer 1,
    Your description is awesome. You know your machines. Wish I could answer but I never got to lift the seat and really check out the full extent of the mods. She left the marina in a gofast boat with an old fatcat at the helm. She was a beauty though, definitly washed and WAXED. Looked like a stock top end, no sign of any silicone injectors and no need for it. Impressive rear boarding area. The hull design just screamed of performance!

Sounds like a winner......you can always upgrade to silicone injectors later

Thread Information