Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

bashing other people or companies

I know this is going to piss some people off but why can we sit here and bash Sbt motors and other members all day long when someone ask about them, but when it comes to certain people and other engine builders on this sight you can't have an opinion or say anything bad about them at all and if you do your thread will get deleted or closed by there freinds on here.if we can't talk about engine builders and suppliers in the same way we bash SBT we shouldn't be able to bash them either . i'm just using SBT as an example i really could care lees about there company but when someone ask about them boy do the people who don't allow the bashing to go on bash the crap out of them .

So go ahead put me on the bad member list

+1
    You may bash any vendor you want as long as you are speaking in the first person. We do not want any second hand stories and such. If you have an experience with a vendor good or bad post away. As long as the poster is the person involved with the transaction.

+1
    well i'm pretty sure that most of the people on here never dealt with SBT but man can they bash them . and good old MR ATLANTIC JAY was able to bash the **** out of Chris and if i wouldn't have started backing him up nothing would have been done about that post . you guys are the mod's and so if someone bashes your buddies it gets stop really quick .what about Whetherby he gets trashed by GOOD OL JAY for some junk crank cores he sold him,thats why they where called cores he didn't advertise them as good cranks did he??????? and JAY tells certain other mods about it and they rip WHETHERBY apart about it .

i'm done GOOD BYE

Don't you love being watched?? milesengineer's Avatar
    AMEN.. I have a seat for you right next to me in the bad member section....

I have never bought anything from SBT, but I (and alot of the members here) HAVE seen first hand, their shady business practices (ie. the reason alot us are here.)

As far as closing threads goes, I belive the threads that started this were closed to STOP the bashing of the accused. Personally, I applaud the effort by the Mods to tharwt the attempts by a few to turn this site into the general pising match that occurs on most forums.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by axgrider73 View Post
    I have never bought anything from SBT, but I (and alot of the members here) HAVE seen first hand, their shady business practices (ie. the reason alot us are here.)

As far as closing threads goes, I believe the threads that started this were closed to STOP the bashing of the accused. Personally, I applaud the effort by the Mods to tharwt the attempts by a few to turn this site into the general pising match that occurs on most forums.

so what your telling me that every motor sbt sells is no good .uh i don't think so . personally i would never use them and alot of people on here wouldn't either but that does'nt give them the right to bash them every time someone ask about there products . as far as the mods go i wonder how long they would have let the bashing of Chris go on if i didn't speak up and what happen on PWCYESTERDAY has nothing to do with there engines and the products they sell .the problem was on there discussion board not on there product site .

+1
    785 lugs(bob) what the #$ck is your problem. if anyone was bashed on here it was me. i never directed anything towards you. why do you have to defend chris. is it b/c he is hiding in his empty engine compartment? the way you defend him i am begining to think that it was you that left the hose clamp loose! was it you ? i was just making members aware that chris is a dishonest person and he totally took advantage of good people! that is the fact! i am more than willing to tell the whole story!

as far cranks i can send you pictures if you would like. cores are a part that is rebuildable not a pile of rust. no offense but i have enough paperweights i did not need any more! me and weatherby worked this out between us and i do not know why you are bringing this up. i do not have a problem with Del and never did. so don't talk about something you know nothing about.

in closing i would like to say that i think chris should be the on talking for himself!

I would have to a agree with Beerdart and Ax. It seems 785 still his undees pull up in a bunch. Let it go....My anger management buddy said to me. What comes around goes around. As far as the SBT The intentions are good but like AX grider said but i also have seen lots of post from first time buyers upset with the quality.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Oh they got me. The first motor they sent me for my SLX had the crank seals installed wrong. I noticed it looking for a grease fitting on the PTO. I figured the 750 has one the SLX should too, not realizing the different style coupler didn't have one. Anyway there it was half out starring me in the face. They were great. I had to spend all my time and labor pulling out something that should have never left the shop. The second motor went in and I had a glow plugging incident. I called them about it and was told I wasted my warranty on the first engine which I would have sent back the day I received it if I had know it was a POS. Under this circumstance I felt that the new motor should have been covered under their no fault warranty. I'm not saying everyone and their brother should get a new warranty on a second engine but when you know you sent a defect and it should have never passed quality control do the right thing. I didn't even want a new engine. All I asked for was a break on a replacement piston. It's much faster to hone it and slap a piston in there during peak season. No sir we can't help you at all. Nice huh. I'm sure there are many engines out there and many happy customers and my engine has held up with the new piston. Had they helped me out with a piston kit I would have been happy and recommend them to everyone. I just warn people that the warranty on covers the first engine and that after the sale they can be rude and less than helpful. I have never bought an engine from anybody else so I can not say anything good or bad about them.

Oh wait, These guys make great products and I love their parts but they screwed me good. Hotseat, pump gas head mod = $120. Some bone head sent me heads set up for race fuel WTF. $289 for a piston KIT. The most help I got out of them was you can double your head gaskets and Polaris does that on some models from the factory. Whatever.

Edit: by the way doubled gaskets have a tendency to blow out. Another $89 for a fourth piston. That is why I run stock heads and cringe ever time AL recommends somebody sends their heads out. I guess some day I might get brave and try it again.

So I guess that is not too bad so far in twelve years I only have two complaints. For the most part people are helpful and do the right thing.
    Last edited by Polaris_Nut#1; 12-07-2007 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    so what your telling me that every motor sbt sells is no good .uh i don't think so . personally i would never use them and alot of people on here wouldn't either but that does'nt give them the right to bash them every time someone ask about there products . as far as the mods go i wonder how long they would have let the bashing of Chris go on if i didn't speak up and what happen on PWCYESTERDAY has nothing to do with there engines and the products they sell .the problem was on there discussion board not on there product site .
    Apparently you can't read! What I was "telling" you is that you don't have to buy an engine from SBT to see that they can't be trusted. It doesn't take a veterinarian to spot a pile of horse ****.

This seems like a case of "the pot calling the kettle black." You bitch about bashing, however you continue to sling mud your self.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information