Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

fuel economy with different injectors ??? -- 4 tec SC

Hey guys,

just wondering what people are getting on average with ski's running stage 2 or stage 3 kits and injector sizes and with external intercoolers..

I'm talking about long distance riding and cruising around 45 - 55mph with the odd squirt of WOT...

Are you using alot more than stock??? i am running a stage with stock injectors and have returned better economy but was thinking of bigger injectors but wondering whether the consumption was just more and the farther reaches of the rpm range then the cruising range..

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by retro_racer View Post
    Hey guys,

just wondering what people are getting on average with ski's running stage 2 or stage 3 kits and injector sizes and with external intercoolers..

I'm talking about long distance riding and cruising around 45 - 55mph with the odd squirt of WOT...

Are you using alot more than stock??? i am running a stage with stock injectors and have returned better economy but was thinking of bigger injectors but wondering whether the consumption was just more and the farther reaches of the rpm range then the cruising range..

cheers
    I get 75 miles on a full tank running like you said with 42# injectors. Not sure what I got stock but it was close to that too. Bigger injectors did not increase my fuel useage noticeably.

+1
    Good Post, I've always wondered about this...

My stage 3 RXP(50lb injectors) gets better mileage than a stock RXP. On multiple rides with friends, riding equal distances, I end up with a couple bars when they are on empty. My theory is the extra horses require less RPM's to achieve equal speeds as the stock boats, so I burn less gas.

It depends how you do the comparison...

Go rattle off a bunch of WOT runs with a Stage 2+ ski (42# injectors) against a stock ski (38# injectors) both with stock ECU at 8100 RPM and the ski with the 42# injectors will use more fuel because the engine is demanding more fuel due to the higher level of mods. However if you are riding with a group all at the same speed, the person with the larger injectors will be running lower RPM because of the additional power of the engine. This is why they may save some fuel...less RPM is required for them to achieve the same speed.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    It depends how you do the comparison...

Go rattle off a bunch of WOT runs with a Stage 2+ ski (42# injectors) against a stock ski (38# injectors) both with stock ECU at 8100 RPM and the ski with the 42# injectors will use more fuel because the engine is demanding more fuel due to the higher level of mods. However if you are riding with a group all at the same speed, the person with the larger injectors will be running lower RPM because of the additional power of the engine. This is why they may save some fuel...less RPM is required for them to achieve the same speed.
    Good point...I've always thought my 42's were getting better mileage than the 38's.

+1
    I agree not much diffrence with the 42s when cruising but WOT is another story. It helps when you have to wait for the others to keep up

+1
    I know a little off topic, but you can still use stock injectors with Stage II right..? and do I really have to upgrade my impeller from 14/19 to 15/20? If I don't, what are my results?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vidbuster View Post
    I know a little off topic, but you can still use stock injectors with Stage II right..? and do I really have to upgrade my impeller from 14/19 to 15/20? If I don't, what are my results?

Thanks
    Yep! Stock injectors are fine until you upgrade to the S3 supercharger or higher. Check your rpms, if over 8100 then upgrade the impeller, if not then you are fine.

+1
    Maybe ... but for peace of mind, most of us upgrade to 42s if we add any good SC wheel to a Stage 2. You might not NEED to upgrade from your 14/19 to a 15/20 ... but if you don't you will likely leave up to 2 mph on the table. Your call ... with a stage2 on an RXP you really need to run the 15/20 (usually -2mm on trailing edge) to get 75+ mph. The 14/19 will not get you to 75 mph, unless (possibly) you get an adjustable nozzle and run an 81 mm ring. Most people do the 15/20.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information