Stress cracks anyone?

Got a 05 RXP recently - I love it. I'm almost done with the break in period, have about an hour to go. I've been looking over it and I am noticing some stress cracks in the gelcoat near the bow, does anyone know if that is normal?

Here is a picture of my baby

i love the red...

+1
    Awesome color scheme...it's growing on me, but you have to lose the "Closed Loop Cooling System" sticker

haha

all of the stickers have been removed at this point. probably going to be done with the break in period today then it goes in for the 10 hour service

the lake i live on is very rough especially when there is lots of boat traffic and/or wind so #1 modification is going to be a splashguard because bow spray is definetly a problem

While I was cleaning up a few gel coat nicks/gouges last week I also noticed some stress cracking on the bottom side of my 2004 RXP about 8-10 inches from the bow as well. I'll see if I can get a good snapshot under the right lighting conditions and post it.

+1
    You might want to mention the cracks to the dealer when you take her in for the 10 hour...never know what they might cover? Just keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get worse or start to peel. I had chipped a quarter sized piece of my gel coat off atop the footwell. Because that part of the ski wasn't submerged I just kept duct tape (black) on it for the rest of the season and sent it to the body shop during the winter. Well it had stressed cracked much further and the actual repair involved a larger area and cost nearly $1800. They're like a crack in a windshield...just my 2 cents and I don't know that without an actual break off in the gel coat that these are too serious.

As far as i'm concerned, that's the best trailer that fits the Rxp! Looks great!! How many people are having stress cracks in the gel-coat on the 04's

Thread Information