Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Pettee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Dover, DE... Again :(
    Posts
    1,814

    Oil spill at one of my riding areas

    Looks like there is an oil spill in the Delaware Bay. Nothing major, but enogh to make it nasty at one of the local boat ramp neat the spill.

    Guess ill be going north to a different ramp tomorrow.


  2. #2
    Site Admin MikeTrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, ks
    Posts
    4,186
    +1
    48
    It's probably just some 2-stroke pwc or boat upstream. j/k

    That's too bad, did you get any pictures?

  3. #3
    Pettee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Dover, DE... Again :(
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by miketrin
    It's probably just some 2-stroke pwc or boat upstream. j/k

    That's too bad, did you get any pictures?
    No, but if i head out ill get as close as they let me and snap some photos. Is aparently only 1000 gallons or so.

  4. #4
    ramnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Oil spill at one of my riding areas

    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee
    Looks like there is an oil spill in the Delaware Bay. Nothing major, but enogh to make it nasty at one of the local boat ramp neat the spill.

    Guess ill be going north to a different ramp tomorrow.
    Sounds like there's a spill there every other year.

    Come on up to Seaside. There's going to be several of us riding there.

  5. #5
    Pettee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Dover, DE... Again :(
    Posts
    1,814

    Re: Oil spill at one of my riding areas

    Quote Originally Posted by ramnj
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee
    Looks like there is an oil spill in the Delaware Bay. Nothing major, but enogh to make it nasty at one of the local boat ramp neat the spill.

    Guess ill be going north to a different ramp tomorrow.
    Sounds like there's a spill there every other year.

    Come on up to Seaside. There's going to be several of us riding there.
    Sleaside Heights. haha

    Im there a lot, my GF lives in Toms River

  6. #6
    ramnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Oil spill at one of my riding areas

    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee
    Quote Originally Posted by ramnj
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee
    Looks like there is an oil spill in the Delaware Bay. Nothing major, but enogh to make it nasty at one of the local boat ramp neat the spill.

    Guess ill be going north to a different ramp tomorrow.
    Sounds like there's a spill there every other year.

    Come on up to Seaside. There's going to be several of us riding there.
    Sleaside Heights. haha

    Im there a lot, my GF lives in Toms River
    Where do you launch from? Are you coming to Toms River this weekend?

  7. #7
    Pettee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Dover, DE... Again :(
    Posts
    1,814

    Re: Oil spill at one of my riding areas

    Quote Originally Posted by ramnj
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee
    Quote Originally Posted by ramnj
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee
    Looks like there is an oil spill in the Delaware Bay. Nothing major, but enogh to make it nasty at one of the local boat ramp neat the spill.

    Guess ill be going north to a different ramp tomorrow.
    Sounds like there's a spill there every other year.

    Come on up to Seaside. There's going to be several of us riding there.
    Sleaside Heights. haha

    Im there a lot, my GF lives in Toms River
    Where do you launch from? Are you coming to Toms River this weekend?
    Havnt had the ski there yet, but Im gonna launch from wherever i can really.

    This weekend im not, I dont go unless the GF is home(shes at school mostly), but this summer she is moving home cause she has a job over there, so I will be up there a lot im hoping. Unless somethign happens between us(shes been buggin lately)

    Where do you launch at? I havnt even researched it yet.

  8. #8
    ramnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Oil spill at one of my riding areas

    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee
    Quote Originally Posted by ramnj
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee
    Quote Originally Posted by ramnj
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee
    Looks like there is an oil spill in the Delaware Bay. Nothing major, but enogh to make it nasty at one of the local boat ramp neat the spill.

    Guess ill be going north to a different ramp tomorrow.
    Sounds like there's a spill there every other year.

    Come on up to Seaside. There's going to be several of us riding there.
    Sleaside Heights. haha

    Im there a lot, my GF lives in Toms River
    Where do you launch from? Are you coming to Toms River this weekend?
    Havnt had the ski there yet, but Im gonna launch from wherever i can really.

    This weekend im not, I dont go unless the GF is home(shes at school mostly), but this summer she is moving home cause she has a job over there, so I will be up there a lot im hoping. Unless somethign happens between us(shes been buggin lately)

    Where do you launch at? I havnt even researched it yet.
    Was launching right at downtown Toms River (Exit 8 but they closed it for some new construction they are doing. Hopefully will find a new one next week.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Couple shots of our riding area
    By Duke in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 02:38 AM
  2. Did any one test riva Ride Plate ???
    By kaloo in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 11:33 AM
  3. Any one here from Ottawa Area
    By Oingo Boingo in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 10:04 AM
  4. Possible Oil Spill?
    By evopro in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-18-2006, 02:36 PM
  5. Riding Area Album
    By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 01:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •