Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fx-S or ULTRA or Rxt ?

Hello,

I not sure to change my ski, i have a 15f 2007 with little mod and i want to change for a "powered" ski like ULTRA 250 or Fx-S...

I hesitate between the three, anyone have bad or good thing :

ULTRA 2008 :
    - Power and equipement
    - Wonderfull in chopy water
    - available now
    - But it's a fuel'blower !! and it's cost more....

RXT 2007
    - Beautiful ski ! good power, good speed
    - Price (1500$ under the other), and available now
    - but fiability medium and it's a 2007

Fx-s 2008
    - 1800cm3 !! big engine for big power
    - incredible hull and equipement
    - beautifull
    - but it's the firts serie (fiability), high cost...

FZS-T
    Ultra!!!! is the way to go that just my .02

Keep your 15f and super or turbocharge it and you'll have a craft that will out perform all the of the crafts you chose. If you really wanna change your craft and you'll wait for the 08 fx-sho then you might as well wait for the new 08 Rxp-x or the Rxt-X. Garunteed you will get the Bang! For your buck

I would think that the SC kit for the 15F would have dropped in price, since most of the newer ski's are somewhat phasing out the 15's.
    I'd agree with Jordan though, SC a 15, or Turbo, you'd have a very sweet ski! Not the fastest, but a great CC boat.
    I've ridden a few different boats, at the end of the day, I still love my 15F! ITs NOT the fastest, matter of fact, one of the slower ski's on the market today (Stock). But the fun factor is hard to beat.

HDS- I'm in your shoes buddy, only RXT is more than likely out. I'm not gonna deal with having to worry about washers fvcking up my engine. I'm not a tunner, so I need reliability. One thing to keep in mind, If your racing, the new Yammi is not a legal race boat yet. Its outside the parameters of the APBA, in your case, your sanctioning body in France might move quicker.

Question for you Sea Doo guys, is a GTX hull the same as an RXT hull?

Yes, the GTX and RXT Hulls are the same just different hoods. the 15f stock might not be the fastest ski but I garuntee you it has a holeshot of a supercharged ski.

Hi,
    For me, the 15f are for me the best machine of the market but it misses power! with a 2l atmo of 200hp it would be TOP ! I had many seadoo, they are not reliable and that me worry... However it and a good base of preparation, like will be Yam Fx-S...
    ULTRA "eat" fuel nice jet for other parts...

Sc cost more money and what about engine ? i don't want to break it.
    Yes, GTX and Rxt have the same hull and same engine... but it's the GTI who have the best seado hull !

RXT. Not sure if the hulls are the same but I think they are. At first I would have agreed wuth dubz, with the washer problem, which makes it easier to scratch the sc4tech platform from your list. However, it was EXTREMLY EASY and fast to send it to Jerry. It really sucks that this is required, but don't let this stop you from considering it.

Banned User
    I bought a 07 nowing the sc issue when i got i next day i had washers and most dealers will change them before you even start to break in just too save them the headache i rode the 07 ultra and it is a great ocean machine but i have never seen one cc racing and those i seen on this site that go fast cost $$$$$$$$ to build and 08 fx sho is new just like the ultras where last year now look at what happened to the ultras "GIO ultra go BOOM" if you wanna ride now RXT washer change if you want to wait do it i am sure the competition will heat as soon as the 08's are out

Quote Originally Posted by hsdforever View Post
    Hi,
    For me, the 15f are for me the best machine of the market but it misses power! with a 2l atmo of 200hp it would be TOP ! I had many seadoo, they are not reliable and that me worry... However it and a good base of preparation, like will be Yam Fx-S...
    ULTRA "eat" fuel nice jet for other parts...

Sc cost more money and what about engine ? i don't want to break it.
    Yes, GTX and Rxt have the same hull and same engine... but it's the GTI who have the best seado hull !
    The Gti and the RXP use the same hull. Don't let clutch washers throw you off. If you want the best without spending a sh$! load of money on the supercharger for the 15f then go with seadoo. You have two powerful machines Rxt and Rxp. Change your clutch washers in 05-07 and your set. All models next year come with metal washers and the X's are gonna be the best hands down. Stock that is

Yep, the GOI has got me on the fence. However, I've heard under the radar, washers still breaking after they fix them. This may or may not be truth, seems to be hush hush though. But out riding a few weeks ago, a RXP had the aftermarket washers, and from the initial diag. washers went boom. Broken down, 2.5 hour tow job! Not cool....
    GOI, well, we are seeing a few cases of going boom, I wonder if the 08 has this issue resolved, only time will tell. 250x, is great Offshore boat from what people say. As for CC, I'm not too sure, its kida BIG!
    YAMMI might have the first year bugs to work out as well. Man, this sucks, its gonna be a hard decision. Come Feb., we will know how the SHO is. Debut at the Hahn race, Follmer will have it in top shape. I see a few others will also be on the SHOTIME....Ah yeah, for the Laker fans, SHOTIME!
    I wanna ride now! SC 15F!?!?!?!?!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information