Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: honda turbo

honda turbo

has anyone raced the honda turbo how did it perform

+1
    The one I raced stock for stock didn`t fair out to well. I deffinately knew that I made the right choice on the RXP.

HAHA...your kidding right??

i went to the honda place the other day and a salesman said they had boost controllers bigger turbos and other bull that would make it run over 100mph tried not to laugh

+1
    LMAO... now thats funny

The hondas are slow on the top end. I don't get it. I raced a F12X from a roll and it kept up with me for awhile then I started to pull away. Slowly. This was on a stage 1 + GPR. They have pretty good acceleration but the top end stinks. I raced a R12X with my FX HO and it was dead even. That was also on a roll. For the price of the hondas I think they should go alot faster and having to use premium fuel. But the R12s just look badass. Why won't Honda sell these at any dealership, what's with the exclusive honda only dealerships. I know of 2 dealerships that are not exclusive honda only but I was told that they could do this for only 3 years and then they had to go exclusive honda or stop selling them. They need to lower the prices on them or make them faster.

ask nitroshark how fast heay are he built one big. never posted speeds
    I dont know. his should fly he did a nice job in the motor pics I saw. big turbo.

I ran down the river into charleston with one on glass water and I pulled from him from a stop and a roll.....with a stock RXP ...But wen we got into the harbor in the rough water I could not touch him...I dont know if it is hull design or Me not used to real rough water but ...Who know's
    just my 2 cents

+1
    I got the chance to put about 4 hrs on a new F-12X about a week ago. Nice ski. There is some turbo lag, it was a little wet (and conditions weren't that rough), the ride and seat are a little harder than the RXT and it's slower on top and bottom.

Gets real good fuel economy though- the RXT's alarm was going off and the Honda still had like 1/4 tank (100 mi. range- no problem). Handling is a little more playful than the RXT. It's got a nice big, deep glove box- that was nice.

Bottom line- I came away thinking that they better be alot more reliable than Sea-Doo, because for me, that would be about the only reason to buy one... (I'm only talkin' 3-ups here- no experience w/ the R-12).

+1
    By the way- no GPS, but my GF easily walked away from me on the RXT and she was saying 64-65 ish on her Garmin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information