Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Riva Ride Plate w/ 2 degree wedge

When the season ended here in northern Illinois I was running both the Riva Ride Plate and the 2 degree wedge. I run 70% of the time on smooth water and love the little bit of exrta speed but did notice when going over boat wakes I grabbed a bit of air. It's nothing extream just enough to be annoying.
    With that said I ask a few questions of my fellow GreenHulkers...
    1. Has anyone run the plate and wedge with a toploader intake grate? if so, did it cure the hook up issue? What effect did it have on top speed?
    2. Has any one tried the stainless steel two fin top loader sold by JetSki Unlimited? http://www.jsuracing.com/pc-215-84-product.aspx I think it is made for them by Solas.
    3. Are the concerns expressed on this forum regarding aluminum top loaders breaking apart with the high horsepower applications founded?
    4. When is Riva going to introduce their top loader?
    Thanks in advanced for anyones input!

FZS-T
    Riva's top loader is already available! here it is!

RIVA Ultra 250X Top-Loader Intake Grate RK22090 $ 129.95
    Last edited by EGGonz; 12-12-2007 at 09:39 AM.

Livin, what kind of speed were you running when you go over wakes. Were you trying to jump the wakes or just taking it kind of easy. I have not had the opportunity to try mine yet so I am kind of curious. Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawi250 ryder View Post
    Riva's top loader is already available! here it is!

RIVA Ultra 250X Top-Loader Intake Grate RK22090 $ 129.95
    Riva's intake grate is not yet available. They get their grates from R&D. I don't know what's up with their own grate and they offer no explanation as to why it's still not available. If you look in the section of their site where it shows ride plates and intake grates, you'll see the R&D as the only grate listed for the 250X.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Riva's intake grate is not yet available. They get their grates from R&D. I don't know what's up with their own grate and they offer no explanation as to why it's still not available. If you look in the section of their site where it shows ride plates and intake grates, you'll see the R&D as the only grate listed for the 250X.

You are right beagleman, I'm waiting for mine now that I ordered!!!

+1
    I have been keeping in contact with Peter Morris from WORX Australia.The worx top loader grate for the 250 will be ready mid December, he says no speed loss with better hook up than standard. My R&D one is back on the bench, hurt the time from 65 up to much and took 1.5 mph off the top end.

fussy1 tell Pete my WORX sponsons are less then great. They are falling apart on me. I ended up taking them off. The hardware they provided pulled through the sponson paddle and I had to by big washer to try and keep the paddle from coming off.

I ended up with the R&D units and love em.

I cant wait for their Intake grate to come out.

+1
    Hi Skip, I know what you mean, my worx sponsons on the RXP did the same thing. Not good.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorne1053 View Post
    Livin, what kind of speed were you running when you go over wakes. Were you trying to jump the wakes or just taking it kind of easy. I have not had the opportunity to try mine yet so I am kind of curious. Thanks
    I wouldn't call it jumping like I do on my Ultra 150. I'm usuially cruising about 45 -55 mph and take the wake of a boat going 30 ish at an angle to try to minimize pounding. It grabs a second of air then settles down and re hooks. Nothing like the 150 that grabs a lot of air.

Quote Originally Posted by Livin on the Edge View Post
    When the season ended here in northern Illinois I was running both the Riva Ride Plate and the 2 degree wedge. I run 70% of the time on smooth water and love the little bit of exrta speed but did notice when going over boat wakes I grabbed a bit of air. It's nothing extream just enough to be annoying.
    With that said I ask a few questions of my fellow GreenHulkers...
    1. Has anyone run the plate and wedge with a toploader intake grate? if so, did it cure the hook up issue? What effect did it have on top speed?
    2. Has any one tried the stainless steel two fin top loader sold by JetSki Unlimited? http://www.jsuracing.com/pc-215-84-product.aspx I think it is made for them by Solas.
    3. Are the concerns expressed on this forum regarding aluminum top loaders breaking apart with the high horsepower applications founded?
    4. When is Riva going to introduce their top loader?
    Thanks in advanced for anyones input!
    With the 2 degree and the Riva plate you are "over wedged and over plated" IMO. I knows there's alot of folk here who have gotten to 70 mph with that set up. But I do not think it is a good set up once the wind, rollers, and chop start coming up. It pulls the Nose up too high at higher speeds; thus reducing your hookup. This boats strength is "hookup" so why mess around with that? In smoother conditions it appears to be easily obtained speed. So it's kind of like "robbing to Peter to pay Paul". Sacrifice hookup for speed . . . I will never do that . . .

But hey, kudos to you! Are you riding that thing up there in Illinois this time of year! I will bet that's a very very hearty ride! How do you stay warm when its 10 degrees? Let alone the wind chill factor? Would love to ride the Great Lakes one of these years . . . .
    Last edited by john belton; 12-13-2007 at 11:48 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information