Page 1 of 104 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    +1

Races, Radar runs in Kansas. Who will come??

I am thinking of putting on an event on in Kansas. I found some sponsers and I could get more so that there maybe could be cash prizes, tropheys, free food or something. How many people would be interested in it?? Should there be entry fees? If so how much? I was thinking about the KC area but would the Witchita area bring more people? Would people want closed course or drags?? Start giving me ideas so I can see if this is what people want.

i never been to a race before but i imagine we would need different classes ,

4 stroke non mods
    4 storke for s/c / t/c
    4 storke forced mods

2 stroke non mods
    2 stroke mods
    2 stroke multi pipe mods

not only drag raceing or radar runs but boey races also maybe a salom course best of 3 runs

there is already an event going on in june down in Witchita on lake elderado so if we can find a lake that has lodgeing , parking space and enough room to get up to speed that would be great

im down for the being the right hand man in planing maybe get parks and rec involved along with emergency medical personel

but there is a fine line between a get togethor and something like mudbug , i think if we have more than 25 ski s were going to need to do some planing
    Last edited by Bone1050; 12-13-2007 at 07:18 PM.

+1
    I'm not trying to get something as big as mudbug but I was thinking that if it were drags or races then the turnout might be better. I already have some sponsors so if there was a small entree fee then there could be decent prizes or something. JD1 is over by columbia and that isn't too far from KC, if all those guys from that area came and all of us kansas guys then the turnout might be well over 25. If it happens, myself and jonjonwells will be bringing 4 or 5 skis with us so friends can ride/race. Maybe miketrin could help us out on how many people might be interested in the KC area?? Hallpass said he knows some guys that ride standups?? If organized right I don't think 25+ would be out of reach.

lets just have a picnic and throw some t shirts togethor , start our own little thing " kansas crew "

i have a guy here in topeka that has a pretty fast 4 tec rotax susposely would love to get viper out there also ,

ill just have one ski 96 sltx modded , would love to run with a 2 stroke of the same stats

i wanna meet you guys you and jonjon are my polaris kansas brothers ,

where are we thinking again , pm the guys lets get this cracking ,

+1
    Don't have anything fast enought to bother racing but I would definately come watch and could help some with planning. If there was a bouy course would be fun just to race against the clock. Maybe something prizes for the fastest time for a stock 3 seater or something like that.
    John/Wichita

+1
    Not fast? Your gtxsc will eat my 750.

2 cycle is a different story , you never know are big 3 seaters arnt really made for it ,

+1
    Maybe beat you on the top but around a buoy course not sure it takes a lot to get it to turn. Of course I am not the best rider out there by any stretch. My pro 1200 will run with it unless it is choppy. Heck the pro slides all over the place around bouys. Wanna buy a nice pro?
    LOL
    have a good one.
    John

Wankel till I die!! jonjonwells's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    Maybe beat you on the top but around a buoy course not sure it takes a lot to get it to turn. Of course I am not the best rider out there by any stretch. My pro 1200 will run with it unless it is choppy. Heck the pro slides all over the place around bouys. Wanna buy a nice pro?
    LOL
    have a good one.
    John

Pro 1200. Hmmm......... Now you got me countin pennies.

+1
    So we should find a few dates early on that way we don't let this pass us by. Mudbug weekend is taken
    There is a race in Elderado that I will be going to so that weekend is out.
    There is a race in Stillwater, OK
    There is JD 1's thing in Mo that I'll be at.
    Anymore that you can think of?

Also, where do we want it?

Page 1 of 104 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information