Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Piranaha Mega Kit

How well does this kit work? Also I've seen some negative feedback about the B-kit supercharger. Can someone give me some more info on this?? If anyone is using the MEGA kit, what kind of numbers are you getting on the GPS? Also what Size Prop would you need to use to run this kit and for an 04 RXP, would you need an aftermarket ECU? If so where could I find a RR ECU for a reasonable price or a steal!

+1
    What kind of ski?

Lots of people are running a B kit or Rude Charger along with an intercooler on their RXP's and running 80+ with an ECU. Without an ECU i would say 78-79 mph would be the norm.

With a stock ECU you will want a 15/20R with pitch added to the trailing edge.
    With an afermarket ECU i would recommend the 15/19R with pitch added to the trailing edge.

The components of the MEGA kit are all commonly used items that most of us here run in our skis.

Kit includes:
    1 x Complete Piranha-Parts Intercooler Kit
    1 x Piranha-Parts Rear Exhaust Kit
    1 x Les Cooke B kit Supercharger
    1 x Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Controller
    1 x OPAS Blockoff Kit
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 12-12-2007 at 05:25 PM.

Its an 04 RXP. Its my friend but im planning to try and buy it off of him for christmas. Its the one that had the supercharger issue but someone took it out after the incedent and said the supercharger is still spinning so im thinking maybe its slipping. But would it bring you down to 45?? But back on Topic. What would be a good prop to run with this kit? The 19/20?

+1
    If the ceramic washers are gone from the supercharger, which it sounds like they are due to you only running 45 mph then you have serious work to do inside the engine. The oil pumps will have to be remove and inspected and replaced as necessary.

I listed the impeller recommendation in my above post.

Ok. Well then sounds like I've got my work cut out for me. When I do find out the problem I will post it up though.

Also, with this kit, would it be necessary to buy any parts from Riva or will the ski run reliably with all that comes with the Kit and the ECU and Prop??

+1
    Aftermarket ECU = Riva valve train upgrade (filed under engine modifications in the 4tecperformance.com online store).

Other than that, that kit has you just about covered. If it comes with only OPAS block-off plates rather then hull extending OPAS block-offs, I'd recommend getting a set of Race Engineering Block-offs from Jerry. He has some coming in soon, or might have them in-stock now.

Is it possible to break down the kit? Instead of getting those block offs get the RE's instead.

+1
    You can buy parts separately, but that would cause the loss of the savings you'd get by purchasing everything as a kit. My advice is you should scrap that whole plan of the mega kit. Purchase a new rude charger from Jerry's 4-tecperformance.com store, purchase the piranha fuel pressure regulator through Jerry's store (or wait for the US based company's to be available). Purchase the Piranha Intercooler kit through Jerry. Purchase the 15/20r solas 4 blade from Jerry. Get the thru-hull exhaust from Riva through Jerry And get the Race Engineering OPAS block-offs from Jerry.

That covers just about everything. I'm not sure what the mega kit costs, but that list I just made probably isn't much more expensive.

Sounds more reasonable :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information